Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 96
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 269489 times and has 95 replies Next Thread
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4

Sorry for the delay.
At last I found some interesting this.
Do you mean I should reduce refraction to 8 for better results?

No It was my mistake, when reducing reflection & increase refraction It reduces black dots slightly, not Removes completely.
After a lot off experiments in between 3ds-max, SweetHome3D & sunflow I got the result.
Different Glass materials applied with different obj shapes & render it in 3DSMax Mental ray

Then this objects imported into SH3D & render different method by tweaking caustic & reflection, but got the error image.

Then I using default SH3D files & started tweaking Object I got this result.

The problem is so simple. To get the result I change the transparent object material.-Furniture->Modify->Material.
If transparent/Glass color = Green by default then I go modify->material ->color =Green ,then Render. It give the result what I need exactly.
Come to the point,
If the object is transparent(Object.mtl d<1) Photorenderer .java failed to set shader dependent parameters like specular, glossyness, shaderName-uber at its default or failed to export these values to sunflow.

When a new value is applied it over returns the default values and works fine. batting eyelashes
See: No shader.

&

A new color/Texture is applied.
But it failed some times to apply texture when d <0.1. In this image all Glass materials are failed to render

Its a nice idea if texture material is white,Object become fully transparent & if black it transmit light inside to the object(only if d<1).
I think the bug located from here
to here
Sorry I'm not a programmer. I have a little knowledge in C++(SH3D introduce me first Java. Thxs a lot) love struck .
Here is some more render output&work files .
----------------------------------------

[May 24, 2014, 10:25:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I just released the Beta 11 that improves the saving procedure to avoid duplicate content in .sh3d files.
Please be cautious to save your files in a new file (at least the first time), to ensure you won't lose any data.
I trust what I programmed and tested on different files, but you never know, even if the risk is very small. Please test it on the files you may have and confirm you didn't have problems.

sree.arun.kr, thanks for your tests. I'll look again if I can improve something in exportAppearance method, but I fear the problem comes from elsewhere….
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 24, 2014, 4:32:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Ya, you are right the problem/bug lies in this line.
I changed this parameter to
if (material instanceof OBJMaterial
&& ((OBJMaterial)material).isOpticalDensitySet()) {
this.sunflow.parameter("eta", 2.5);
} else { ...

Then I got the result : glass material render properly
Then I go search about OpticalDensity and come up page OBJLoader.java
I think in this page you are not described the vales&limitation.(I dont know java programing)
ie, Ni , min value = 0.001 max value = 10. (Internet search result )
& this will create the improper value Error.
glass & mirror OpticalDensity strength difference.
I hope this will help you to fix the bug
Thank you. love struck

[May 25, 2014, 7:42:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight the Beta 12 will allow you to test some new features I added to the Online version:
- It's now possible to import from .sh3d files (use the 6th button in the tool bar), and the program checks what 3D models and textures are available on the server to reduce home data length saved on server.
- The home data length is checked each time you try to save, and a warning is displayed if this length is larger than the limit on the server (still set at 3 MB).
- I added a Delete button in the Open dialog box to let you delete homes saved on the server.
Please, test these features (hope it will work under Linux too). Of course, avoid to import hundreds of files and don't forget to delete the ones you don't need online anymore (exporting them to a .sh3d file if needed). This service is not for backup purpose!

sree.arun.kr, thanks for your findings. smile
So you mean that Ni shouldn't be used directly, and by ignoring its value there's no more problem? Why do you propose 2.5 rather than 1.55 the eta of the glass?
[May 26, 2014, 9:35:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cybermarmotte

I can try it tomorrow on linux but can't find right now on my mbpro the 6th button... Any ideas?
[May 26, 2014, 10:14:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hfrmobile

Lower Austria

Seems to work but my model is still to big.

Even I get the following message
The home data length (3.3 MB) is larger than the maximum length accepted by the server (3 MB).
Delete some furniture and/or background images to reduce the length of saved data.

the model will be loaded but can't be stored. Anyway, it is pretty cool that a 16.8 MB model can be reduced to 3.3 MB!

Maybe a FTP support will be an option?

SH3D Online loads data from a foreign FTP url?

--hfrmobile
[May 27, 2014, 5:56:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thank you both for your feedback.
The 6th button displays the icon and is available only if you login.

I improved the logic of files checking/saving in the Beta 13 of the Online version, and the furniture list will display imported furniture in italic in the online version, to help you find these objects when the home data size is too large. Showing a file size indicator could be nice too, but let's see first how the import feature is used…

it is pretty cool that a 16.8 MB model can be reduced to 3.3 MB!
It's not really reduced. In the online version, the data of a home comes from:
- the drawing coordinates of furniture, walls, rooms...,
- the furniture and images imported by the user,
- and the redistributable 3D models and texture images available on sweethome3d.com server (through free 3D models page for example).
The difficulty was to try to find as much as possible uses of redistributable 3D models and texture images without downloading everything, to reduce the size of the remaining data in a home. A smaller size ensures that saving (i.e. upload to the server) time will be reasonable for the end user, that bandwidth use won't increase too much on the server and that home data won't occupy too much space on the server too. For the programmers interested in the subject, I added SHA-1 digests of 3D model and image files in the online libraries and compare them with the digest of each model and image used in a home file at importation time. If two digests are equal, then the model or the image in the file can be replaced by a reference to the same file on the server (see resolveObject method in HomeObjectInputStream and the new class ContentDigestManager).
So, if you followed everything, 3.3 MB is the size of (compressed) data that couldn't be found on sweethome3d.com server. wink

Maybe a FTP support will be an option?
What do you mean?
[May 27, 2014, 6:00:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

So you mean that Ni shouldn't be used directly,

Sorry it is a miss understand!, I mean that Ni shouldn't be derived correctly(Script Error & it is the bug).
[Sorry once again for any spelling mistake or grammar mistake].
{I usually do open sh3d src.zip in eclipse & edit then export edited.java file as -java-jar file. Then using 7zip replaces proper class files in SweetHome3D.jar and start test rendering.}

In this script line I understand that
TransparencyAttributes transparencyAttributes = appearance.getTransparencyAttributes();
if (transparencyAttributes != null
&& transparencyAttributes.getTransparency() > 0
&& !ignoreTransparency) {
if (material instanceof OBJMaterial
&& ((OBJMaterial)material).isOpticalDensitySet()) {
this.sunflow.parameter("eta", ((OBJMaterial)material).getOpticalDensity());
} else {
// Use glass ETA as default
this.sunflow.parameter("eta", 1.55f);
}
float transparency = 1 - transparencyAttributes.getTransparency();

photorender calls a value (Ni)as optical_density from objmaterial(*.mtl) and assigned to ETA and give it to sunflow for rendering.
But I want to tell you that it fails to find the value from mtl file comes with .obj.
Because assigned a value 2.5f as ETA for the 'if' condition if what ever the value of Ni. Then Render & the glass object render with optical density 2.5f. If I changed the glass material color/Texture it renders in optical density 1.55f.
So I come to the conclusion that :
optical density calling from (its default) *.mtl file or
assign the value for eta failed.
So sunflow render a black dot instead.
I doubt that because of script error(spelling mistake /failed to maintain Ni value limitation in between 0.001-min to 10-max).
!_________________________________________________

I am not propose 2.5f as eta.But the above image values are get from
sunflow sample render secene file(glass01.sc) opened in notepad & rendered in sunflow gui.
2.5f takes 20% to 40% more time for rendering than 1.55f but give more realistic glass reflection.
I found an invisible bug that when I import a furniture(most time *.3ds) & save it, then it produces a *.shed file consist of imported furniture as *.obj&*.mtl. But the bug is that when I export the imported furniture as *.obj then the file(*.obj&*.mtl) is totally different from than the saved file(the content of file/the method by which is used to export). This will not seen in geometry creation, but affect in glass type objects that have a curvy vine glass shape.
Each time Import then export then again import & export each type of obj files are created & after some exports later the material glass loose its Ni value. I think the bug lies in OBJ exporter because If I import Obj files It saves same file but export then file creation method chagned & create a different file is being created, with no Ni parameter in mlt file some times.
So please remove current Obj exporter(creation method) & use furniture library creator's/save as sh3d file's Obj saving algorithm instead
crying

[Edit 1 times, last edit by sree.arun.kr at May 29, 2014, 6:54:55 PM]
[May 27, 2014, 9:11:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Hello, Emmanuel Sir.
I think you are planing to release v4.4 soon, before that could you please add one more feature that apply easy Basic Material Shader Preset like glass, metal, leather and concrete names in modify->material modify-> furniture material panel.
(It effects like glass=transparency, metal= mirror reflection, leather =mate like carpet, concrete = rough floor).
My concept is that 'change material without changing its color and texture,' but only edit its rendering shader type(glass, mirror, phong, ward) module in sunflow.
It will be a helpful thing when some material failed to render properly.
These shaders are predefined(ie values for Ks,Ns,Ni,illum,d,eta) so the user can simply apply material.
If you are going to tell me that why I don't think about shininess, then it doesn't have ability to set glass transparency, metal and mirror reflection need black color. thinking

[May 30, 2014, 7:33:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight the Beta 16 brings most translations of the new features, and improves the repair system added in the Beta 2: now, Sweet Home 3D will be also able to restore 3D models and images found in Sweet Home 3D catalogs of the user when it tries to repair a damaged file. This system works thanks to a small new entry named ContentDigests added after the entry named Home. The text of ContentDigests describes the digests of 3D models and images in the file that helps to find the matching content in the catalogs. As this entry didn't exist until now, this improvement in the repair system will benefit only to files saved with version 4.4. You can try it on the following two files (saved them as a .sh3d file):
Damaged home without ContentDigests entry
Damaged home with ContentDigests entry
The second file should be fully reparable with the default catalog of Sweet Home 3D.

sree.arun.kr, sorry I don't think I'll add any additional feature to version 4.4. It's time to release it...
[Jun 1, 2014, 7:43:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved