Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 96
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 269529 times and has 95 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D 4.4

Hi,

Here's a beta version of Sweet Home 3D 4.4 that you can test.
This version contains the following new features:
- an improved texture chooser with a tooltip displaying the texture under the cursor at a larger size, a search text field to filter textures list, the ability to rotate textures and a list of the chosen textures recently used during last session

- in the materials choice pane, the shapes using the selected material now blink in the 3D preview, and the 3D preview displays modified textures at the good scale when the default size of the 3D model is very small
- improvements in SunFlow to avoid black dots more often and support transparent textures better
- new Edit > Select all at all levels menu item with feedback in level tabs showing level names outlined with selection color (while all levels selection is active, it's possible to unselect / reselect objects with shift key in the plan, move selected objects but not duplicate them)

- new dropOnTopElevation property to place objects on others at a preferred elevation (for trees, sinks, shelves, chairs...)
- new Furniture > Reset elevation menu item to reset the elevation of an object when you move it around
- KMZ file format support (even if it's just a ZIP file containing a DAE file, now it's selectable in file choosers and drag & drop)

To test the dropOnTopElevation property, be sure to use the new version 1.4 of the furniture libraries that you can download with the following links:
3DModels-BlendSwap-CC-0-1.4.zip
3DModels-BlendSwap-CC-BY-1.4.zip
3DModels-Contributions-1.4.zip
3DModels-KatorLegaz-1.4.zip
3DModels-LucaPresidente-1.4.zip
3DModels-Reallusion-1.4.zip
3DModels-Scopia-1.4.zip
3DModels-Trees-1.4.zip

Please also try if SunFlow works better for you, and don't hesitate to report any issue.
You can test the transparency on texture with this new curtain that will be released in next version of furniture libraries.

[Notes from developer:
- updated links to furniture libraries]
- Sweet Home 3D 4.4 was released on June 12, 2014]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jun 12, 2014, 10:53:34 PM]
[Apr 4, 2014, 2:09:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
smile Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4

Applause, applause!!
Texture selection has been on my wishlist for a long time. Thank you!!
Will test as much as I can and report any issues.

THANKS

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Apr 4, 2014, 2:57:26 PM]
[Apr 4, 2014, 2:35:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4

So much for all my vertical and horizontal textures smile First look - great! Looking forward to trying new features. Congratulations.

ok
[Apr 4, 2014, 2:38:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

First bug: plug-in Rotate doesn't work properly anymore.

Texture module works like a charm. Great work!
Modify materials (blinking) is a great addition as well!
Note: making a photo in Q4 is extremely slow.
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 4, 2014, 3:03:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback smile

First bug: plug-in Rotate doesn't work properly anymore
I don't think this plug-in ever worked with Java Web Start for security reasons.

making a photo in Q4 is extremely slow.
I didn't measure performances difference yet, but I'll check...
[Apr 4, 2014, 4:19:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Again congratulations. It is so nice to see new sw versions that actually improves stuff. Also, no crashes, nothing unexpected so far.
- an improved texture chooser ...
Indeed, great improvement!
- .. SunFlow to avoid black dots .. support transparent textures...
Still get (the same) black dots using both versions with photo from same setting - will look some more. I noticed no performance differences at best setting, though.
- new Edit > Select all at all levels ...
Selects like expected. Move workes nicely, rotate (advanced) plugin made a bit of a mess (which could not be undone) - but it did work, sort of...
- new dropOnTopElevation property to place .. at a preferred elevation..
If I understand you correctly a dropOnTopElevation#1=82 means that other furniture you later import (on top) will end up with an elevation of 82? Regardless of whether the item is higher or lower? If so, this could be useful.
- new Furniture > Reset elevation ..
Reset to the elevation to previous value? Not to the original elevation#nn= value?
- KMZ file format support ...
I am sure many users will appreciate easier access to the 3D warehouse.
.. beta version of the furniture libraries...
I think maybe you are at a point where selecting which items to include (in default library) is getting to be difficult. But then, as a puritan I would prefer the basic selection to be simple, compact and generic. Fully realising that many (most) would probably disagree.
Good luck - and thanks!
ok
[Apr 4, 2014, 4:58:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Still get (the same) black dots using both versions with photo from same setting - will look some more. I noticed no performance differences at best setting, though.
Yes, you're right. I made some other tests. There was no performance loss but there were as much black dots as previously. sad
Since its original developer haven't touched this library for years, I think it's a dead end now. I spent so much time trying to manage texture transparency and feel it's still not perfect. I guess better renderings can be achieved only if I now integrate an other library.

- new dropOnTopElevation property to place .. at a preferred elevation..
If I understand you correctly a dropOnTopElevation#1=82 means that other furniture you later import (on top) will end up with an elevation of 82? Regardless of whether the item is higher or lower?
Yes it's exactly this behavior. It should help to place accessories much faster on some tables, shelves, cabinets, but also under trees, plants… If this property is negative, the height of the surrounding object will even been ignored.

- new Furniture > Reset elevation ..
Reset to the elevation to previous value? Not to the original elevation#nn= value?
Reset to the value that would be used if you set elevation to 0 then drop the piece of furniture again on a surrounding object. So not to the original elevation#nn value.

- KMZ file format support ...
I am sure many users will appreciate easier access to the 3D warehouse.
Users will appreciate it mostly once Trimble will have added back a filter for KMZ files in 3D Warehouse search engine, like I requested some time ago (feel free to post yourself a message to show you want this filter too).

I think maybe you are at a point where selecting which items to include (in default library) is getting to be difficult. But then, as a puritan I would prefer the basic selection to be simple, compact and generic. Fully realising that many (most) would probably disagree.
We will see in the future how to handle this at best, and why not proposing libraries organized by themes. At the moment, my goal is to reach 1000 models for Sweet Home 3D available under a free license, and we're very close. Expect a nice surprise with version 4.4. wink
[Apr 4, 2014, 6:01:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks - anyway, very happy. Not too concerned with the black dots either. 1000 models, easy, which ones, that is the hard one.

Got one odd error message that I have not seen (noticed) before:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value too long: Stairs 90 closed legal high,Roof,toalettslange,tallerkenhylle,……..
at java.util.prefs.AbstractPreferences.put(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.FileUserPreferences.write(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.viewcontroller.HomeController$UserPreferencesChangeListener$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

[Note from moderator: Reduced Value to avoid tooooo long line]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Apr 4, 2014, 9:58:28 PM]
[Apr 4, 2014, 7:32:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for the bug report smile
That may explain why the bug #415 doesn't happen all the time. It must depends on how many new words you entered during a session of Sweet Home 3D. If there are too many words (more exactly if the list is longer than 8092 characters), Java will refuse to write it in preferences along with other values like the recent files list, the recent colors…
It will be fixed in the next version.
[Apr 4, 2014, 10:13:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

bug #415 doesn't happen all the time. It must depends on how many new words you entered during a session of Sweet Home 3D.
Aha, thanks, the mysterious bug #415 has been a pain. Strange list, though. ".. a session..." you say? Certainly not from a recent session. Even one of the very first models I imported was there, never used since.

I looked at \eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\preferences.xml - it is the autoCompletionStrings, right? <entry key="autoCompletionStrings#3"> (3 of 4): 557 entries, 8190 characters (including commas).

As I need to do spring cleaning in my settings (i.e. \eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\ , on my Win8.1 - too many test textures etc - will be better with new texture editor...). Can I just delete the content of the entries in autoCompletionStrings# ? I need recent-files more than autocomplete...

Or even better, could I just clean out the whole top settings directory: settings, textures and furniture (not the sub-dirs with furniture- and texturelibraries) to wash out all test-stuff ?smile

ok
[Apr 5, 2014, 11:36:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 96   Pages: 10   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved