Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3776 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
erezhdd

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Ghost Triangles in 3D view

Hello,

I am using SH3D v4.2a (from getdeb.net) on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit, Oracle Java 7.
When looking at the 3D view of a house I'm modeling, there sometimes appear strange floating triangles connected to corners of rooms. Those triangles are visible only from specific angles.

I attached a house design and a photo (aerial view) showing such a "ghost" triangle, which seems to be connected to a room corner under a black railing end. The issue is consistent - if you load the attached model and put the 1st floor at aerial view from the point shown in the photo, you should be able to see the triangle.

Those triangles also seem to be consistent - they appear also in the virtual visit and are a real problem when taking photos.

Can anyone please explain why those triangles appear and how to make them go away? Last time I had one, it seems to be because of tiny partial overlap between two rooms. However, this time it does not seem to be the case.

Regards,
Erez Hadad
[Dec 26, 2013, 11:06:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Ghost Triangles in 3D view

Erez,

These triangles are incorrectly formed ceilings, They are caused when creating rooms with unequal wall heights.

Use a box for the low wall, or try defining the room by manually indicating the room's corners.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 27, 2013, 8:39:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
erezhdd

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The room was created manually (not double-click), but the problem persists. Indeed, as you say, the room, which is actually a hall in the second floor, has "walls" that are not of the same height. Some of the walls are real walls, and some are a low metal railing. I needed to put floor beneath the railing, so I included the railing area in the room (by disabling magnetism first).
However, the actual inclusion of the railing (i.e., putting the right of the two topmost corners beyond the railing) causes the triangle to appear - how can this be avoided?

You mentioned another method involving a box to get rid of the triangle - can you please elaborate?

Regards,
Erez
[Dec 27, 2013, 12:18:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Erez,

1 - Delete the low wall and replace it with a box that has the length, height and thickness of your wall. Apply colour(s) and/or texture(s) if needed.
2 - Use Split wall to make "support" points for the ceiling.
3 - Make sure that the ceiling corners are on the exact spot of these points, using Edit room points from the AdvancedEdit-plugin.

It's really simpel.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 27, 2013, 3:45:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved