Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4596 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
ThYr0N

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
3D view not updating, previously worked perfectly.

Hi all, first of all thanks for making this awesome free 3D program, really grateful and congratulations!

I've been using it for over a week, trying to reproduce my apartment cause I'm going to do big changes on it and wanted to check furniture positions and what walls to change etc...

All perfect, 3D view working, renderings ok, when I move something in 2D map it moves in 3D view all perfect.

Until yesterday I saved and from now on no change from 2D map appear in the 3D view, but it happens JUST in one file, the one that I have all the house made... and put a lot of work in build it crying

More details:
- When I mode anything in the 2D view doesnt reflect in the 3D view.
- When I built a wall odd wall appear, only the start and the end of the wall, when I remove it, the wall still appear on 3D view oddly.
- When I save and reopen the file all appears in the correct changed position but again anything that I move on the 2D view doesn't appear in the 3D in the correct place.

Any idea?

I uploaded the file -> click here to download it.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!
[Dec 17, 2013, 10:16:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: 3D view not updating, previously worked perfectly.

I tried your file with version 4.2 but couldn't reproduce the issues you reported. From your explanations, it seems to be missing or delayed updates in the 3D view, and this means that at least, your file is not buggy and your work not lost.
Could you give more details about the operating system and Sweet Home 3D version you use?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 18, 2013, 9:33:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ThYr0N

Also using 4.2, in a Windows 7, tried to different computers both with Win 7 (Home & Work).

Here print screens:

- 3D view in the same WINDOW, grey, noting there in the 3Dview, image:
http://i.imgur.com/Xl0kVEh.jpg

- If I SPLIT the 3D View in another window, it works, image:
http://i.imgur.com/Iwv29uG.jpg

- I moved the chair in the left room, and draw two walls, the chair inst updated and the walls appear but oddly shapped, image:
http://i.imgur.com/C6IrVt2.jpg

Puybaret can u change any furniture around save the file and re-sended to me? lets see if this way it gets fixed for me.

THANKS! if u need some more information plz tell me.
[Dec 18, 2013, 10:48:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Please, check if it happens with the Java Web Start version too. If it's the case, activate the Java console, and report here the stack trace that might appear in the console when the update bug happens (a stack trace starts with Exception in thread…).
[Dec 18, 2013, 12:59:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ThYr0N

Java Web Start same stuff.

Here the LOG of console:
https://mega.co.nz/#!89pEAZxC!TKb_VHHLVoBV5x08pwKT6F4LBs4XEzKxbcwhX4FK7fk

A lot of null pointer:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.HomeComponent3D$1.ancestorAdded(Unknown Source) at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.HomeComponent3D$1$1.componentResized(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.componentResized(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.componentResized(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processComponentEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

THANKS!
[Dec 18, 2013, 1:47:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for this log. It looks like a few other ones I got recently bound to 3D view saved as detached. I just released a beta version that should fix it. Can you check please?
[Dec 18, 2013, 4:35:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ThYr0N

PERFECT! its solved.Looking forward the new version :)

Tested also with two screens.

Thanks a lot Puybaret.
[Dec 18, 2013, 5:22:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mmarts

Hello sir I'm using sweet home 3d since 5 days and I'm very impressed but i have the same problems. i couldn't download the beta version can you help me ?
[Dec 31, 2013, 7:12:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved