Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3480 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Pakinam

Egypt
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
preview problem

Hi all.....

I am a new user for the awesome sweet home 3d ...

I finalized my first project so far and the file is about 229 MB.. I saved and compressed and finally the file is 66 MB.... I will have a meeting to make a presentation to my client after 48 hrs but the program suddenly close while I am trying to make the virtual tour as well .... it is really slow and this makes me boring and not interested while watching.... so I dont think the client will like it either....any advise please...

oohhh i tried to set up the viewer program but the steps is really hard for a pc normal user ...its full of hard expression ...if you can make the steps easier will be great..

i think it will be better showing the project on the viewer and it will be faster..

thx.
[Dec 6, 2013, 12:21:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: preview problem

229 MB uncompressed is quite big.
Did you try to increase the max memory used by the program following the FAQ and this thread?
Did you check if the latest version of the driver of your video card is installed?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 6, 2013, 2:53:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Pakinam

Egypt

i increased the memory to 1G.... updated the graphic card ... but when i open the file it stops working..... i want to know more about the viewer ...is it related to the file size or not and if not can you send me an easy steps to install it.... if yes is there any other viewer works with SH3D files
... another question please how can i reduce the file size in the first place??

thank you for your support
[Dec 9, 2013, 2:34:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Pakinam

Egypt

something else please ... my graphic card is intel(r)HD Graphic 4000.... does it support sweet home ???
[Dec 9, 2013, 3:56:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

my graphic card is intel(r)HD Graphic 4000.... does it support sweet home ?
If Sweet Home 3D was able to run with your graphics card once, I don't see why it couldn't anymore.
i increased the memory to 1G.... updated the graphic card ... but when i open the file it stops working.
I don't know if it's what you tested but trying to run set the max memory to 1 GB would probably require to run the program in 64 bit with the Jar executable file. Is it what you tested?
another question please how can i reduce the file size in the first place?
Trees are the biggest objects. So if you used many of them, try to remove some. If it's not the case, it will be more difficult to find out, you could explore the sh3d file with a zip utility to find the biggest files (be sure to create a backup of your sh3d file first), but as their file names are numbers, it might not be so easy to find out.
i want to know more about the viewer
using the viewer won't solve any problem if your file is too large.
can you send me an easy steps to install it
The steps are explained in the README.TXT file included with the viewer download. If you don't know anything about web servers, ftp, html and similar web technology, I wouldn't recommend trying it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 9, 2013, 6:24:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved