Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6205 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
TwistedLincoln

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Ability to hide the 3D view completely and/or minimize separate 3D Window.

Currently, there is no way to avoid displaying the 3D view. Often, I just want to work on the floorplan, and don't need the 3D view taking up screen space (which is at a premium on the laptop).

It would be very helpful to be able to hide the 3D view completely in these situations. Alternatively, the current "display in separate window cannot be minimized. Adding this ability would more or less accomplish the same thing, as one could just minimize the window to get it out of the way.
[Nov 21, 2013, 8:57:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Ability to hide the 3D view completely and/or minimize separate 3D Window.

You can hide the 3D view by moving the separator between the plan view and the 3D view to the bottom of Sweet Home 3D window.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 21, 2013, 11:51:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
A.Bahr

you are right Puybaret. but hiding it doesn't mean you ignored your 3D analyze i think. Specially after I browse it to explore in 3D and then hide it.
I think it's still there and in low configured PC/Laptop, it will too hard and slow to do anything in plan. even you hide it.

what should i do?
[Dec 30, 2013, 10:26:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Save the file with 3D view hidden, then close it and reopen it. Until the 3D view isn't displayed, the "3D analysis" won't start.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 3, 2014, 10:12:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
A.Bahr

thanks for your help.

but it will be a good idea to totally separate it from main view and add it to view toolbar in next revisions of sweet home 3d.

just think; i draw some walls and their properties and drop some furniture. then i need to take a look at these. in this way i had to minimize this window and restart application to continue my work.

it would be better to had the ability to hide and stop it's process within program, and it's not just my word and many users wished it.

thanks again
[Jan 5, 2014, 7:26:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

but it will be a good idea to totally separate it ....

Just for future reference: Also see the FAQ for disabling 3d view.

And Ctrl+Alt+Y creates a separate 3d window.

ok
[Jan 5, 2014, 9:44:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
A.Bahr

thanks dear okh.

i know about this. but as i explained, i need to create thing and just check them in a minute and then continue my work.

this couldn't happen in sh2d. and in 3d there is no way to stop 3d process after a 3d view. i was think about a separate option in program. not another program nor just a separate window.
[Jan 6, 2014, 8:49:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved