Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11800 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Moxi

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Rendering on Windows Server 2008 Possible?

Hi,

i love to use SH3D, my Problem is that i want to use all of the Xeon CPU Cores on a Windows 2008 Server.

For some stupid reasons this is not possible because Java3d cannot create a RenderInterface for th 3d Hardware accelerated Preview Window.

Is there a Way to run the Raytrace Render without starting the Program itself?

Like Saving the Camera Position and then Starting the Render Process?

I would love to hear an Answer.

Best Regards

Moxi smile
[Nov 18, 2013, 10:28:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Rendering on Windows Server 2008 Possible?

There's no "stupid reasons" as you say, only kind volunteers who maintain Java 3D as they can, and RenderInterface is probably not on their priority list. sad
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 19, 2013, 5:57:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Moxi

Sorry i think you got this wrong, what i mean with stupid reason is:

SH3d cannot create a Render interface beacause the Server has no Hardwareaccelerated Graphics card -> Ergo the 3d Interface cannot be Created.

Because of that, i want to know if there is a way to Let a Sh3d-map to be rendered from console without starting the Main Program.

This wasnt meant to insult any Java3d Coder =)
[Nov 19, 2013, 7:25:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

To render a sh3d file from the console, please read this thread.
[Nov 20, 2013, 11:11:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Moxi

applause Re: Rendering on Windows Server 2008 Possible?

Oh you are the best smile this is what i was looking for love struck.

There is only one Problem, i dont know how to use it.

I Saved the Script in an File Called ConsolePhotoGenerator.Java and then started it via javac.exe ConsolePhotoGenerator.java

But it then it says package org.sunflow.system.ui does not exist.

Would you please help an neeewbie =)
[Nov 21, 2013, 4:28:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Moxi

Hi,

okay i have read something about Java compiling, so i did

javac.exe -cp sunflow-0.07.3h.jar;SweetHome3D.jar ConsolePhotoGenerator.java

javac.exe did create ConsolePhotoGenerator.java

then i tried

Java.exe ConsolePhotoGenerator.java but it says Java can not find the Mainclass for ConsolePhotoGenerator.java.

What can i do?
[Nov 21, 2013, 8:15:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

javac.exe did create ConsolePhotoGenerator.java
I have some doubts about this. It should have created ConsolePhotoGenerator.class file. To simplify its use, remove the first line package com.eteks.sweethome3d.utilities; from the source code, and compile it again.

The java command is followed by a class name, not a file, i.e. the basic command must be:
java.exe ConsolePhotoGenerator

But you also need to add to the class path all the libraries required to execute that class! If you host the ConsolePhotoGenerator.class file generated by javac in the subdirectory lib of Sweet Home 3D installation directory, then the command should look like this:
java -cp lib;lib/SweetHome3D.jar;lib/Loader3DS1_2u.jar;lib/sunflow-0.07.3h.jar;lib/batik-svgpathparser-1.7.jar;lib/j3dcore.jar;lib/j3dutils.jar;lib/vecmath.jar
-Djava.library.path=lib -Xmx640m ConsolePhotoGenerator
if run from the Sweet Home 3D installation directory. Add at the end of this command the path of the sh3d file and the path where the image should be saved.
[Nov 26, 2013, 9:29:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Moxi

Superb,

i will try this as fast as i can and tell you if it worked!

smile

Thank you very much
[Dec 2, 2013, 7:28:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Note that Java 3D 1.6 allows also to run ConsolePhotoGenerator on a Linux server with no X11 Display, if you set the j3d.rend system property to noop .
If you use Sweet Home 3D 5.4, please follow the following instructions:
- Install JDK
- Copy / paste ConsolePhotoGenerator class to a file named ConsolePhotoGenerator.java
- Download SweetHome3D-5.4jar, sunflow-0.07.3i.jar, j3dcore.jar, j3dutils.jar, vecmath.jar and batik-svgpathparser-1.7.jar

- Compile ConsolePhotoGenerator.java with the following command:
javac -cp SweetHome3D-5.4.jar:sunflow-0.07.3i.jar -d . ConsolePhotoGenerator.java

- To generate the file photo.png of a home stored in the file home.sh3d , run the command:
java -Dj3d.rend=noop -cp .:SweetHome3D-5.4.jar:sunflow-0.07.3i.jar:j3dcore.jar:vecmath.jar:j3dutils.jar:batik-svgpathparser-1.7.jar com.eteks.sweethome3d.utilities.ConsolePhotoGenerator home.sh3d photo.png

[Updated links on 2020/03/02 after source code moved from CVS to SVN]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Mar 2, 2020, 5:55:46 PM]
[Feb 3, 2017, 6:08:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kareem613

This is great.
Is there a way to have it render the photos from points of view?
Does the HomeEnvironment object provide that collection?
[Feb 8, 2017, 2:10:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved