Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5878 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
vlad7777

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Need help to complete house design

Hi, I am a new user of this program - and it is very useful

I designed my house in 3D but have some problems completing the design.

May be there is someone who can help me with this by directing me to the right place to get answers or could review the design and tell me how to solve my issues.

My house has basement (level 0), main level (level 1) with garage, second floor office with dormer and attic (level 2)
My issues are:

1. Cannot figure out how to make the garage floor sunken (below main level by 2 feet). Do I need to create another level between Level 0 and level 1?

2. Cannot construct angled stairs from the mail level (L1) to the second level (L2). I cannot figure out how to make three steps from main level to a landing and then 90 deg stair from the landing to the second floor.

3. Still trying to figure out how to make roof that will be realistic - I downloaded the guide and will study it to see if I can figure this out.

4. The floors between levels do not show - what do I need to do to have them show?

5. In the kitchen, there are angled appliances and cabinets - how do I fill the space to make a common counter over all of them?

I started all this effort because I need to create a 3D rendering of my house and then add a patio in the back with hot tub and cover over the hot tub for Association approval.
Our association is very strict and I wanted to make the application as professional as possible in order to get the approval on the first try.

I would really be grateful if someone would help me finish the design - please PM me if you could help and I would send you my design file.

Thanks,
Vladimir
vshulyaker@gmail.com
[Nov 4, 2013, 4:07:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Need help to complete house design

Vladimir,

1 - Create a new level and give it a negative elevation, e.g. -2" or -60cm.
2 - Search the Sketchup Warehouse to find models for your stairs. Use filetype:zip to find models that can be imported directly, otherwise use Sketchup to transform the models.
3 - Roofs are tricky business.
4 - Floors will only show when you have defined rooms. Read the User's guide.
5 - Use flat boxes and triangles to make a countertop for your kitchen. Use exact X,Y coordinates for a perfect fit. If you have a rounded corner, make a new level and try to make a room that fits as a countertop. Draw temporary walls, fill them with a room, then delete the walls again.

Send me your design so I can have a look at it.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 5, 2013, 8:30:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved