Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9893 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
baggins

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Trouble importing .dae files from Sketchup

In the past I have exported several models from Sketchup without problems.

However the last two models I wanted to convert from .skp to .dae with Sketchup resulted in an error message from SH3D when importing them.

The error message says that the format is not supported...

I am using SH3D 4.1 and 4.2 and the latest free version of Sketchup.

One model that gives this error is:

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/detail...99c646e&prevstart=240

Could someone verify this please?

TIA.
[Nov 1, 2013, 7:44:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Trouble importing .dae files from Sketchup

I just tried to export to DAE from Sketchup 8.0.14345, and import the generated DAE file with no problem. Maybe, try different export options.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 2, 2013, 12:37:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baggins

I have now enabled all export options and that seems to work.

Thanks for the tip!
[Nov 2, 2013, 11:15:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

I also imported the staircase, and, after checking Options -> Export two sided faces in Sketchup, the staircase exports correctly, and can be imported without problems.

The strange thing is that when I check staircase in step 2 of importation, the staircase does not make a hole in the ceiling. I checked height, and made a photo in Q3 with the VV.

When I use the furniture modification wizard, the square for staircase is unchecked, even though I checked the box when importing.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 2, 2013, 12:11:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The hole in the upper floor was correct on my side, but as you noticed, when the furniture import wizard is reopened afterwards to modify a staircase imported in the furniture catalog, the Staircase check box isn't selected.
As that the staircase status of the imported object is correctly saved when you import it the first time or when you reselect this check box at modification time, I think it's a minor bug, and it will be fixed in the next version.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 2, 2013, 1:51:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved