Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8364 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
rose Custom Door & window in 2D

Sir, I need an urgent help to create custom type door and window. When I creating a new style door or window wtih the help of AutoCad or 3dsMax and it imported it into the SweetHome3D furniture library using furniture library editor.jar(in the form of *.obj) then it does not shows the line which indicate the direction of opening or closing in 2d view port. it works fine with the default door and window but it does not shows real color, shows only white and its width is double or same as wall thickness.
Here is current style door & window

Here is sample style door & window need to be create

I want to create SweetHome3D style door & window with wood colored ,line drawing (stroke) which denotes half opened or fully & half thicken with the wall.
I apologizes my bad English.
&Thanks in advance to all SweetHome3D members
----------------------------------------

[Oct 28, 2013, 7:37:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Custom Door & window in 2D

Your images do not show, therefore it is hard to assess (I think you've linked them to your computer, but you need to put them on a server so everyone can see them).

However, if I understand correctly:
1) You can change colour of the furnituure (Modify Furniture, Modify Material).
2) OBJ files cannot show the opening of doors windows, nor define how the window is set in the wall. That must be defined separately in a file in the library (PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties)This discussion could be of help (depending on how technically minded you are).

ok
[Oct 30, 2013, 8:52:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Here is my currently created door & window
http://s24.postimg.org/rpamu1h3p/current_door_and_window_style.jpg
Here is the sample style door & window need to be create
http://s18.postimg.org/4z8no6bzt/wish_to_create_door_and_window_style.jpg
yes the furniture can modify & changed its colour, but it does not affect in 2D plan view.
:)

[Oct 30, 2013, 7:59:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Just for information, which tool did you use to edit or modify these images? They look like Sweet Home 3D plans, but are not produced directly by Sweet Home 3D.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 30, 2013, 8:19:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Ah well, it really seems you need to dive into the world of sh3d properties files.
- Get the FurnitureLibraryEditor (in the downloads).
- Import your OBJ/MTL files (zipped) - drag and drop.
- Save the library file, rename it <xxx>.zip
- Extract the PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties
- In this text file you will find all the properties used by sh3d for your models.
- http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/view...ad,2006_lastpage,yes#8919 will show you the properties you need to add for your windows/doors.
- put the PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties back in the .zip file
- Rename the file back to .sh3f and import it to sh3d.

Now, this does take some patience (and frustration), but if you really want to customise your design to perfection, it is the way to go.

OR, you can give a specific description of you doors and windows - and with a bit of luck - someone might rise to the challenge and create your doors/windows.

Good luck...

ok
[Oct 30, 2013, 8:44:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA
love struck Re: Custom Door & window in 2D

Puybaret ,First I export the plan in *.svg (download Plugin) format to adobe illustrator or Inkscape v0.48,then double click to edit image layer by layer then again export(as Btimap by 300 dpi) to Photoshop, to add text & shadow. cool

[Oct 31, 2013, 8:53:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

okh , Thx to the reply. After my post, working around the installed files I found the idea to create door swing. Now I need more practice. Soon I will add some custom furniture set& useful texture library too.
Thanks again for the quick responds.
(I am so much nub in internet)

[Oct 31, 2013, 9:05:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved