Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3809 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Strange behaviour in beta 11

Emmanuel,

While doing some tests, I encountered strange behaviour in beta 11.

Attached you will find 3 files, all made with beta 11.
test3a - shows a pavilion with invisible walls and a pointed roof. The walls have been made invisible with invisible, insertable boxes. That´s a trick I often use.
Problem 1: When I added invisible, insertable triangles on top of the diagonal walls, the walls didn´t disappear correctly when making a photo (Q3 and VV).
Problem 2: After saving the file, exiting the beta, and reloading it, the 3D window wouldn´t display anything at all.

Wondering what might cause that behaviour, I started deleting a few items, saving the file again, closing the beta, restarting the beta, and reopening the file. This resulted in files b,c,d,e, and f.
I only attach test3e and test3f.

So, when I finally delete the last invisible boxes, the 3D window is active again, and correctly displays the remaining four walls.

I´ve never had any problems using invisible boxes before.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 19, 2013, 12:51:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Strange behaviour in beta 11

Many thanks for your report Hans. smile
I was lucky that you encountered this bug and that it was reproducible, because it's rather due to a wrong multithreading management I programmed.
The bug is fixed in Beta 12.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 19, 2013, 6:05:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Thank you very much.
Glad to be of some help.

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Oct 19, 2013, 6:13:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

More strange behaviour.
1 - While testing I found that I cannot open versions 3.6, 3.7 or 4.0 anymore. Only 4.1 and 4.2.
2 - Compare these two files. Same wall, same door.
v4,1
v4.2
I´m not 100% certain that this is reproducible. Under certain conditions the door inserts correctly, especially when I create the file in v4.1, and then re-open it in v4.2.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Oct 20, 2013, 4:17:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I can open these files with previous versions, but the 3D view in aerial view mode is wrong. Isn't it your case?
This is an issue caused by the recent changes in Sweet Home 3D produces a camera location that previous versions are unable to manage. Not really sure, it's worth it to fix it, because it would require to adapt the version 4.2 data saved in sh3d files in a way the data would still work with previous versions. I already programmed such special cases in the past, but wonder if it's not a loss of energy in that case, since there's already a warning at the opening of the file.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 21, 2013, 11:11:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved