Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 99
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 202459 times and has 98 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.2

For your information, I just released Linux installers tagged as version 4.2a which replace the ones of version 4.2 on SourceForge.net. It fixes an annoying regression that didn't restore correctly maximized windows under that system. Windows and Mac OS X installers are unchanged.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 1, 2013, 11:35:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Thank you for your efforts.
The new v4.2 allows me to open older files.
I haven´t tested it very much, but THAT problem is solved.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 2, 2013, 8:35:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks Hans for your report. At a moment, I feared an other issue on your side, but I'm happy to know that finally, it was the same issue as the one Denis reported. smile
[Nov 2, 2013, 2:01:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

The staircase problem mentioned in another thread applies to all stairs. I tried several stairs that come with the program, but they too do NOT make a hole in the ceiling.

Do you want pictures? The sh3d file? Something else?

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 2, 2013, 2:43:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The problem is that I can't reproduce the staircase issue you reported. But send me a sh3d file, I'll check its internal data.
[Nov 2, 2013, 4:22:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Hi Emmanuel
Yes , I can reproduce the problem with the render process, even after restarts. If I go back to 4.1, the same file renders just fine. I am not at my computer now, I'll send you the file tomorrow.
Good night :-)
[Nov 2, 2013, 11:38:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

m@, thanks for your file.
It's a memory issue. You should increase the max memory the program can use by following instructions in the FAQ.
[Nov 3, 2013, 5:20:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Hi Emmanuel

Thanks for the tip, I forgot that the max memory has to be set for each new version separately. That's why the rendering worked in 4.1.; there, the memory was already increased.
[Nov 3, 2013, 7:06:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Maybe I should increase the default max memory under Mac OS X. I'll try to test if a higher value won't prevent the program to run on small configurations.
[Nov 3, 2013, 7:41:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved