Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 99
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 252199 times and has 98 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.2

Sweet Home 3D 4.2 is out. Thank you all for your support. smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 31, 2013, 12:11:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Thank you for version 4.2. I´m afraid I found a problem using Ubuntu 12.04 and Oracle Java 7.

The program starts normally and allows me to open files created with the beta 4.2.
However, when I try to open files created with an earlier version (I tried files created with 4.1 and 4.0) there´s strange behaviour:
1 - When I open a file created in v4.1 or v4.0, the program seems to close. Strangely enough the tab that indicates a program is running stays active, and when I use System Monitor, the program is shown as active as well. However, there is no way to make the program display anything. I have to use End or KIll to terminate the program.
2 - When I first open a file created with a beta of v4.2, and then open a file created with an older version, the program instance showing the v4.2 file stays active and accessible, but the program instance of the v4.1 or v4.0 file doesn´t come up and is not accessible. Again, the only way to terminate those instances is to use the End or Kill command, which of course also ends the correctly running v4.2 instance of the program.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 31, 2013, 5:04:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Sweet Home 3D 4.2 is out. Thank you all for your support. smile

Thank you, and congratulations.
[Oct 31, 2013, 8:38:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hans, how do you run Sweet Home 3D? With Java Web Start or the Jar executable?
[Oct 31, 2013, 9:11:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

I always use the installed version, that´s the 881 byte file.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Oct 31, 2013, 10:01:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The installers versions still use Java 6 (information shown in About dialog), but it would be astonishing that it could provoke a bad interaction with Java 7 installed in the system. I'll check...
[Oct 31, 2013, 10:12:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

The webstart version opens every file I try without problems.

Haans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Oct 31, 2013, 11:05:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Thanks for the new version!
Although the checkbox "check for updates" was enabled in my 4.1.-Version, the software did not inform me about the new release. Even hitting the "check now" button did not help. Maybe this was a bug in 4.1. ?
[Oct 31, 2013, 10:10:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

m@, if you re-read a few posts above you'll see that version 4.2 is currently on beta stage.
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Oct 31, 2013, 11:47:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

hal900, version 4.2 is out since yesterday evening (I posted a message in this thread, updated the main page, the History page and published an article in the blog today).

m@, the updates check feature displays a message coming from the web server. As there's always a risk to miss a last big issue, I prefer not to rush to inform every users when I release a new version, and updated this update message only tonight (thanks for recalling me anyway). It should work now. smile
[Nov 1, 2013, 12:13:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved