Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 99
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 204070 times and has 98 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.2

In a way it is good to hear that even you need to succumb to dirty workarounds. I am sure that you (or Sun) will make it obsolete soon. Know that your normal stringency is appreciated. Thanks.

ok
[Oct 19, 2013, 6:15:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Is there anything you would like to have tested on the different platforms? I am running out of ideas, in the sense that from all I can tell, beta 12 is ready.

Bugs and dirty workarounds, possibly for all I know, but it seems very robust as far as I can see. Which makes me think; good work, even for a perfectionist.

ok
[Oct 19, 2013, 7:46:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Wrong columns and wrong file sorting happens both in 4.0 and 4.2 b12, when and only when I open this directory via a shortcut. May be an OS (Win8) or Java (still 1.7.0_40) issue, but does not appear to happen with other software (Java or not).

Just for your information.

[Oct 20, 2013, 9:21:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks okh for your proposal to help. smile
I have no special tests in mind. Reporting issues like the one about file dialog is already nice. This bug is a Java one that I can't fix directly. If you have the patience to do it, it would be great to report it.

For your information, there's still a few technical 3D issues under Mac OS X that need to be fixed before releasing version 4.2, and I have to request the translation of the new non rectangular doors and windows.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 21, 2013, 11:27:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Beta 14 fixes a mixup in textures under Mac OS X after the importation of a textured 3D model.
If another mac user is tempted to test it, I'll be happy to read his report. smile
[Oct 22, 2013, 7:11:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Hi Emmanuel
Since I am a Mac user, I wanted to help out and tried to test the Beta 14 mentioned above. After launching the app, the error "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException" pops up.
I am still running OS 10.6.
My SH3D 4.1 Installer-Version (downloaded from your Website, not from the App Store) still works fine and tells me that I am running Java Version 1.6.0_65. (Should be the latest for my system, as far as I know) If I have to change some Java-Settings to test-drive your Beta 14, I would need some advice first, I never used these Web Start Versions before...
But a .dmg would also be fine.
[Oct 23, 2013, 10:43:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks m@ for your willing to test the beta version, but the Java Web Start link won't work under Mac OS X 10.6. sad
[Oct 23, 2013, 11:45:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

4.2 b 14 - java 1.7.0_45 - win8

1) Material colour: I cannot change transparency / alpha (stays at opaque, whether obj/mtl is transparent or not).
2) Recent files are not really the most recent files (related to previously reported file-sorting Java issue?)

ok
[Oct 25, 2013, 8:59:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

In this screenshot you can see a man standing behind a wall.
The wall has a transparent GIF on both sides.
In the preview window the wall is black.
In the photo the wall is invisible.

Transparency works only when taking a photo in Q3 or Q4.
It doesn´t work in the preview window, or with Q1 and Q2 when making a photo.

It has never been possible to set or change transparency within SH3D.

Sorry, no photo here, please follow this link.

Hans

Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 25, 2013, 12:10:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Morning Hans, I hope you got your new machine Linux graphics under control. They can be a true pain, but screen-shot looks promising (?)

As to transparency - either we are talking about different things, or I have (as usual) been expressing myself clumsily. So I try again.

Transparency set in png/gif or mtl files works beautifully as usual (albeit with some strange effects discussed elsewhere - most related to my lousy hardware graphics).

What I did not get to work in 4.2 b14 was the _new_ alpha/transparency settings in the Material Colour Editor (inside SH3D):

I was assuming that the material colour editor now is meant to address even more ".mtl" properties. Which would be wonderful news. However, the value settings are stuck at Transparency 0 / Alpha 255 - regardless of the original value taken from the .mtl file (the colour in the screen-shot is set to around 50% in the .mtl file imported).

ok
[Oct 26, 2013, 10:00:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 99   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved