Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3520 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Shila4u

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Start with PC, continue on MAC?

Hello there

Does anyone know if and how you can export a project, created on Windows, for continue to work on MAC? i just get a .exe file.

Thanks for your answers.

kr Shila
[Aug 15, 2013, 8:43:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Start with PC, continue on MAC?

SH3D files can be opened on any computer where Sweet Home 3D is installed, whether it runs under Windows, Mac OS X or Linux.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 15, 2013, 9:04:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Shila4u

Hi Puybaret

unfortunately not :-( i tried.
When i save it on PC, there's no ending (like MAC with .sh3d). I just see a exe file.
Also i have problems with updating the software...

Do you have a idea?

kr Shila
[Aug 15, 2013, 10:37:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Shila4u

update was working now, with the java download from apple! thx

I have a lot of files like this: Furniture-3-3661595803234246.pref and i don't know where i have to put them on MAC OSX 10.8.4. I was searching the eTeks Folder in Library, but it doesn't exist. Do I have to but the created furnitures which i used on PC on my MAC or do i get them automatically when I can open the document from PC?

kr shila
[Aug 15, 2013, 10:56:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you want to copy the imported furniture and textures, please see this thread.
Note that a SH3D file is autonomous and contains all the 3D models you added to it, so it's required to copy the imported furniture only if you want to get the same catalog on the second computer.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 15, 2013, 11:13:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Shila4u

thank you for your help! I found the folder with the "Go to" function. There i found all the prefs and copied also the used one (from PC) into the same folder. But now i don't know how can i test it, if the prefs and textures are available? i searched for a texture i remember on PC in the program, but it wasn't there.

May i send you a pictures with that .exe file? i can not open it on MAC.

kr shila
[Aug 15, 2013, 12:35:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved