Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15481 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
TwistedLincoln

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Toggle the display of wall lengths on plan

It would be extremely helpful to be able to optionally display the lengths of each wall directly on the plan view (next to the corresponding wall). I very often forget how long a particular wall is when working on a design, and have to use the resize tool on the wall in question to check.

I can can work around this by using the "create dimensions" tool to trace near each wall (but on a different level so I can hide them). But it would be much easier to have a button to toggle this on or off instead.

This would especially be helpful when printing a final design.
[Aug 13, 2013, 6:43:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Toggle the display of wall lengths on plan

There is a plug-in called DimensionLines.jar that does the trick.
Unfortunately I cannot find it in the forum because of the sh*tty search function.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 14, 2013, 7:54:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

This is the link:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dimensionlines/
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Aug 14, 2013, 9:15:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TwistedLincoln

Nice, thanks! That will save me quite a bit of time in the future.

Of course it would still be great to have similar functionality in the core app. :)
[Aug 14, 2013, 4:27:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dare

I'll just jump onto this - I really looked around quite a bit, but could you point me in a direction how to install/use this plugin? I managed to install a SH3P-Plugin (Advanced Plan editing), but I just cannot figure out how to deal with the JAR-variant.
Thanks!
[Aug 22, 2013, 6:50:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TwistedLincoln

I had the same problem. The user manual for SweetHome3D explains it. I don't know about other platforms, but in Linux, you just put the JAR in the "plugins" directory of the .eteks folder in your home directory. If there is no "plugins" directory, just create one.
[Aug 24, 2013, 5:32:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dare

Tried to do that, put it on Win7x64 in "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\plugins" - that's where also AdvancedEditing.sh3p is which I installed as a test. Unfortunately, nothing seems to happen.
Where would I find a menu item or something if the plugin ran?
Anyone succeeded in getting to run the plugin in Win?
Thanks for your help!
[Aug 26, 2013, 3:34:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

Where would I find a menu item or something if the plugin ran?

There is no menu option, look at the tool bar and you'll see an icon of a oblique dimension line with a little "10" above and a little "+" below. Just click it and voilà. wink
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Aug 26, 2013, 3:48:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dare

Perfect, that does the trick! So obviously I did not have issues with installing, rather a serious layer 8-problem... whistling

So this also quite remedies the inner-wall-length issue - it correctly shows the different lengths.

Thanks everyone!
[Aug 26, 2013, 5:57:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gavinx

I have downloaded this jar file, selected it and clicked Open and I cannot see any change to the menu bar - even after restarting SW3D. I am running Win64. What am I doing wrong?

thanks
[Jan 3, 2014, 1:54:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved