Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6346 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
totolafrite

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Can't save preferences in file system

Hello,

I am running Sweet Home 3D on Windows 8 Pro (Surface Pro) and everytime I change the préférences I get the error message indicated in the title.

For information, in order to have the program to work I had to download the complete package of Sweet Home 3D and run the 64 bit version. The version installed with the standard installer does not start at all.

Thanks

PS: really great program, though, very good job
[Jun 18, 2013, 9:01:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Can't save preferences in file system

What do you mean by "complete package"? The Jar executable version or the portable version?

By the way, I would be very pleased to read your feedback about running Sweet Home 3D on a tablet. Isn't drawing in the plan too difficult with the fingers? Or maybe you preferred to use a pen? What about the performances when you try to use some bigger files like SweetHome3DExample7.sh3d available in the gallery?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 19, 2013, 9:12:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
totolafrite

Re: Can't save preferences in file system

Hello,

Thank for the reply. I meant the portable version speaking about the complete package.

I actually managed to get Sweet Home 3D to work correctly. Actually I was mislead by the French error message that said that the preferences could not be saved in the system. I understood that the program was trying to save the prefs into the registry but the portable version actually saves the prefs in the application folder, more or less as it is said in the English error. So I just had to grant the modification right to all users to C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D to get the thing to work.

I also managed to get the standard Windows version to work but with an ugly workaround: I had to replace the shipped JRE with the x64 version of the portable delivery and also replace a DLL I found in the sources or in the portable archive, I can't remember.

About using a tablet, I mostly use the stylus. Obviously you must forget about your fingers, as you suggest. It is actually quite cool to do but it would be much nicer with a bigger screen. And the performances are quite good. The PC can render the example file without any trouble and quite smoothly.
[Jun 19, 2013, 10:32:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved