Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 21
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14751 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
shellbug

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
3D view wall color problems

Some of my walls are not showing the correct color in 3D view. I have the north wall showing a nice pale yellow.The pale yellow color looks gray on the other walls even though the code number is exactly the same as the north wall. Even the little color icon in the modify box shows the right color. What is wrong with the 3D view?
[May 31, 2013, 8:13:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marqox

Re: 3D view wall color problems

I am facing the same situation. Even if I set color of the walls to pure yellow (RGB - 255, 255, 0), I get a green color in 3D view. I do understanding shadings are involved with walls, but this kind of a difference looks very strange.
After further testing, seems that anything vertical (like walls) will get a green color, and horizontal objects (like floor) will get the exact yellow color.
Please help is there a way to change this behaviour. Thanks.
[Jun 15, 2013, 11:14:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marqox

I was a bit wrong with the previous post. Not all horizontal objects are correct.
I just set a carpet to yellow (the carpet has a table sitting on it). Just by changing the 3D view head angle I get different shapes of green and yellow areas being drawn on the carpet. Every change of head angle, even a small one, gives a different green-yellow look of the carpet. This looks like a bug in 3D to me.
[Jun 15, 2013, 11:22:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Like in real life, the color of each face of an object depends on its orientation towards light and towards the viewer. Under strong light, some colors can get overexposed and green could be seen as yellow for example. Choose a darker color if you don't want that effect, or reduce the light brightness in the 3D view modification dialog.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 17, 2013, 7:50:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fortytwo

I'm having a similar issue but it's that the way the color shows on the wall change drastically based on the angle. It's not really a change in the shade, though, it's whether or not it shows up at all. Changing the amount of light doesn't seem to make much difference.

I've included a link to some screenshots which might better show what I mean. Should I expect the visibility of the color to change this much?

http://imgur.com/a/kH2LL
[Jun 18, 2013, 5:24:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marqox

Like in real life, the color of each face of an object depends on its orientation towards light and towards the viewer. Under strong light, some colors can get overexposed and green could be seen as yellow for example. Choose a darker color if you don't want that effect, or reduce the light brightness in the 3D view modification dialog.

Thanks, Puybaret.
I have not managed to reproduce the issues of view angle again, like Fortytwo attached here, but attaching some screenshots to explain my color situation.
http://postimg.org/image/ebdfu24lv/
http://postimg.org/image/w7ivafi05/
http://postimg.org/image/wmgnvadgd/

The wall and floor are of same color - yellow (RGB 255, 255, 0), but in 3D they look completely different, regardless of light brightness setting. In rendered image, green is replacing yellow even with full brightness setting (last image).

I understand I can switch to a darker color, but my wife would like to explore possibilities with "varieties" of yellow color for our new flat, and it has been very difficult to get some impressions of that from the 3D view or render.
[Jun 25, 2013, 8:13:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

Hmm... well, I see it yellow.

I took the images and looked at their pixels colours. In the third image the most illuminated areas on both wall and floor are 255,255,0 while the less illuminated areas of the wall are 177,172,0 (it's an approximate value, since it varies a bit from a pixel to next) which is a dark yellow.

And in the first image the full wall is 143,143,0 which is clearly dark yellow.
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Jun 25, 2013, 8:36:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Marko,

Below you can see a picture of part of my living room.
As you may notice the yellow wall has many different colours, even though the wall is painted in just ONE colour.
So, if SH3D shows many different colours, it correctly mimics what you see in real life.

H

Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 25, 2013, 10:12:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marqox

Thanks guys for your reply.
I do understand there are shadings in real life with possibly quite a big difference in one area depending on lights.
Bottom line is, these colors look so much too green to us. Maybe it is our monitors or eyes, or we're just crazy I don't know smile

@hal9000, on what you wrote - the last image was with full brightness set. This does bring us closer to what we want to see, but makes white under any light impossible to see (in example, you can notice a lamp and white on the right side of the image and what it does to white areas). We are exploring walls (and kitchen elements) with white + yellow combination, and it has been a struggle to get this look anything (what we would consider) realistic.
Again, thanks for support, really trying to understand is it us, or there is something what we can do.
[Jun 26, 2013, 7:25:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

Well, as I said, the colour is still yellow, as you can see from the RGB values taken from the pictures.

If still you want to get a lighter colour on the wall, you may try to change the brightness configuration of the wall, or cheat a bit and put the wall directly on a yellow slightly lighter than the one on the floor, so the final result comes closer to what you're expecting to see.
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Jun 26, 2013, 8:32:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved