Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16061 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: HQ rendering issue

Ju,

And you forgot to mention it costs between €300 and €3000 euros to buy...

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 31, 2013, 10:16:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
trankilou

Yes and ... No
actually they have a free version , not limited in time but with watermarks

for your own project it is not a big deal

J-
[May 31, 2013, 5:44:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
trankilou

as promised : http://youtu.be/CxcQtZAuPTU
[Jun 1, 2013, 10:50:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

This looks very nice smile
But the woman in bikini must be freezing under the snow! laughing

For users' information, how long did it take you to get this? Do Sweet Home 3D + Lumion form a perfect couple, or is it your background that helped you to achieve this so quickly?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 2, 2013, 12:57:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
trankilou

This looks very nice smile
But the woman in bikini must be freezing under the snow! laughing

For users' information, how long did it take you to get this? Do Sweet Home 3D + Lumion form a perfect couple, or is it your background that helped you to achieve this so quickly?

Thx :)

It seems it the kind of house most people likes :D

How time did it take ? Hard to say

First I start drawing on paper. I changed many times because of ground constraints : small, sloppy, water level in the ground and urban city constraints ( height, length from road and so on). Each times I have to make it validate by a true architect and a structure/concrete engineer.

Once I got this, it was faster. As I am a geek I learn how using software quiet fast but with sh3D it is not a bug deal as it is very easy to use. So it took me maybe around 2 hours: 1 hours to learn the software and 1 hour to make plans.

Once I got the house object, I export it easily in obj format and import to lumion as fast as you import an object in sh3D. Lumion is also very easy to use but as my ground is very difficult to model it took me maybe 4 hours: 1 hours to understand (nice tutorial on youtube and on their own website) how it works and 3 hours to make the outside (and I add so texture inside as the fire, the waterfall and the vegetation).
I also spent 1 hour to play with the sunbeam (height, intensity, orientation) : the rendering in real time is just amazing. As it uses GPU and CPU (I heard my fans for the first time lol), the software can model sunbeam reflectivity on all textures, inside and outside: just awesome ( it was the aim if you remember)

In conclusion, to answer your initial question: My background help me a little : as telecom architect I have a degree in computer science but once you have the plan on paper you have done the main job as these 2 softwares are very easy to use :)
[Jun 2, 2013, 2:27:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mamu157

Hello Emmanuel,

first thank you very much for that great software. Could you please explain how to set the rendering parameters in OSX? I played already with the info.plist file but without success. Tried to put it before:

<key>VMOptions</key>
<string>-Xmx1024m</string>

<key>VMOptions</key>
<string>-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer.highQuality.globalIllumination=path -Xmx1024m</string>

which should reflect the linux way, but it didn't work.

Thank you very much in advance for the help.

-Markus
[Aug 9, 2013, 12:26:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mamu157

Hello,

after a little more research and according to this Apple Developer Page the info.plist should look like this:

<key>VMOptions</key>
<array>
<string>-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer.highQuality.globalIllumination=path</string>
<string>-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer.highQuality.diffusedBounces=3</string>
<string>-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer.highQuality.causticsPhotons=1000000</string>
<string>-Xmx1024m</string>
</array>

But as Hans I still get black pictures. What am I missing here?

Thank you very much for your help.

-Markus
[Aug 9, 2013, 11:51:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mamu157

Hello,

I found the issue. I had used textures for the ground (grass texture) and the sky (cloudy texture) in the 3D-viewoption menu.

Switching back to colors and the rendering was fine, with the textures I always got black pictures. Not sure if this is a known bug?

Markus
[Aug 17, 2013, 3:37:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved