Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3330 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
darkbaxter

CZ
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Strange Artifacts in 3D

Hi guys,

Probably somebody had already experienced this, but I could not find answer so far. I am having troubles in 3D that in some rooms it shows "walls" which are not there.

This happens only in some angles when looking from the top but during a virtual visit I see a solid wall there.

When I play with the angle a bit it disappears.

Any ideas what might cause this and how to solve that?
[Feb 11, 2013, 10:10:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Strange Artifacts in 3D

These are wrongly computed ceiling parts. As explained in the help, the elevation of each ceiling point of a room is equal to the height of the nearest end point of a wall. This works well enough for slopping walls but it may lead to strange results when you use a small wall in the middle of a room like you did.
Move the points of the room away from the small wall and you'll get a correct flat ceiling (when you look at it from below). If you're interested only by an aerial point of view, you can also make the ceiling of the room invisible.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 12, 2013, 2:01:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
darkbaxter

CZ
Re: Strange Artifacts in 3D

Thank you very much, you were a great help!!! It was exactly it - moved the room points and problem solved.
Thanx! smile
[Feb 13, 2013, 7:30:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved