Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18690 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
sputnam

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Realistic hardwood floors?????????????

Really? Do you honestly think that looks even slightly like real hardwood floors? Maybe you didn't take the time to look at the two pictures I posted? Do you not see the striking similarity between the one that I said "This is what I get" and the one you sent? Please look at the second picture and notice that you can tell the direction that the wood is laid in and where each board comes together. Again, I am aware that this program is free and I am not complaining. It's just that I see pictures of what I need but no one to provide info on how to do it.
[Feb 8, 2013, 10:45:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Scott,

Had you taken the trouble to import the texture I marked, and
had you taken the trouble to make a high quality image with it,
you would have noticed that you could see each and every individual fibre of the wood in the floor.

Check the Gallery to find excellent examples of what SH3D is capable of. And yes, there is a lot of "junk" there, but also lots of examples that illustrate what SH3D is capable of.
Near-photo-realistic images REALLY are possible with SH3D. But, as with any 3D program, you have to take the time to get to know the program.

You only need skill, patience and imagination!

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 9, 2013, 6:16:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Scott, first, it's not fair to compare an image computed by the photo creation tool at its best quality level and taken from a visitor point of view, to an image computed at the worst quality level and taken from an aerial point of view.
After that, using Google could give you more choice if Hans proposal doesn't fit your need. In that case, don't forget to take care of the copyrights of the images you'll use, according to your goal.

By the way, a less aggressive tone would be welcomed. As you noticed, Sweet Home 3D is free, as well as is the support you get here from volunteers (and even if support wasn't free, a kind tone is always better). Please, don't discourage them. smile
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 9, 2013, 9:47:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sputnam

I do apologize for my abrasiveness toward Hans. I was frustrated that I was repeatedly asked if I had read stuff and googled stuff and tried stuff. All the while I never saw a decent picture of hardwood floors from him. I felt as though Hans was accusing me of being lazy AND stupid. I was trying to explain what I was wanting by using dramatic differences, sometimes words can't explain everything. In the first picture I was trying to show how the textures I have tried look like a cheap tiled floor and how in the second picture one can cleary see that it is a hardwood floor, not tile, carpet, or linoleum.

I can't remember who asked me about the size of the image (it's not visible as I reply)but that remark is what led to my discovery, so thank you.

but on the bright side I did solve my issue to anyone interested. I used a texture I was having trouble with and went to modify. (Before starting this post I had also done this). The default size (width and height) on the texture was like 8. I increased it in small increments (went up to like 40 or so) got frustrated and decided that wasn't the issue. But after reading replies to my post I went back and made drastic changes to the size (The magic number for me was like 155) anyway, the hardwoods look great now and I'm really in love with this program.
[Feb 10, 2013, 8:56:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sputnam

Ah, it was you Puybaret. Thanks!
[Feb 10, 2013, 8:57:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
eddy26

USA

Could Anyone give me information about bamboo flooring installation?
https://www.ambientbp.com/bamboo-flooring-101.php
[Jun 19, 2020, 1:23:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved