Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4928 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
rca19

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Camera Reset?

Is there (or can there be) a way to re-center the camera. I have a very large model and I occasionally lose the camera. It would be nice to have a camera reset feature if it doesn't currently exist.

Thanks!
[Dec 14, 2012, 7:29:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Camera Reset?

Rick,

In the latest version (3.8 beta) the 3D preview (= bottom-right window) centers as follows:
- when nothing is selected: on the middle of the entire design
- when an object is selected: that object is used as centerpoint.

Additionally, you can define several different points of view for the virtual visitor.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 14, 2012, 9:43:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rca19

Hans - What you have suggested will improve scene rotation from the aerial view. I was hoping to actually be able to find the "camera icon" used to set up a virtual visit. The camera icon gets manipulated in the 2D design window and reflects updates in the 3D preview window. As I have a very complex model, I have occasionally lost the camera as it's difficult to see in the 2D view. Also, on more than one occasion, I have wildly moved the camera to some location very far away from the model - and it's difficult to get the camera and the model back together.

Thanks for what you're providing with this package.
[Dec 17, 2012, 2:24:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mostafanasr

egypt

I had this problem now with version 6.2
the camera go to extents very very big when i click on it to control the view
i can select wall and furniture but when i try to to move it or make any editing on them the camera go away
[Dec 23, 2019, 5:43:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved