Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 137
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 231243 times and has 136 replies Next Thread
Gaytan

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.0

Emmanual,

One more thing I notice: when I close my temporary project I click 'Close', hoping to close my project but keep the program open!
Noops; the program closes all together! Like in 'Exit'....

To open up my other project, have to startup the program from the start / beginning.... Clicking close should leave the program itself open, I think...

Rgrds,

Ed
[Feb 17, 2013, 6:40:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Yes, that would represent the very same thing! Would be nice!
Would that work in all the coming versions again? Windows, Linux, Java webstart etc etc
Yes on all versions. It's already programmed and will be available in the next beta.

What I do miss with this 'small flag' is the category the item belongs to! I've many textures in Floor, Wall, etc.. Small bricks could be used either in floors as well as in walls... Could you make it: 'Walls: small bricks'? or 'Walls, small bricks'?
The category of a texture isn't stored at the moment, so it could be changed but I fear that introducing some link that may not exist anymore in the current catalog is a good idea.

That wall has gotten texture in an earlier version of your program; as that texture has not yet been added to the textures list in this beta, is it possible that all used material like this texture example, is automatically added in the list?
I understand it could be handy. Maybe in a future version...

Before, in other (non-beta) versions that 'working field' uses to be normal white.. Now it's about the same color as the rooms that have gotten floors, so to speak... Also 'outside the house' in the garden, so to speak....
Please post here or send to me a screen capture.

The other issues look like Java issues. Could you try to install Java 6 and run the beta with javaws coming with Java 6?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 17, 2013, 9:25:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Hi Emmanuel

I am currently testing V.4.0., Beta 10 under OS X and found out that graphics with the extension *.jpg are no longer supported to import. I can only import the graphics if I rename the graphic to *.jpeg. It's no big thing to me, since renaming is very easy, but I am quite sure that the import of *.jpg graphics was supported in earlier versions. Or am I wrong?

Furthermore, I noticed that there is no possibility to set the X and Y points below zero when importing a background image. Setting the points below zero would come in handy when positioning the background image AFTER having built something. Of course, i can move the whole building to fit the background image, but if you have a building over 4 floors it's quite a lot of stuff to move, compared to move only one background image. (or can I group the floors somehow?)

It's still a great piece of software and I enjoy using it very much!

Besides, a DMG newer than Beta 10 would be nice for testing purposes, but no hurry, take your time smile
[Feb 17, 2013, 11:50:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thnaks m@ for your tests smile

Here's the Beta 16 (Java Web Start version / Mac OS X DMG) with the following changes:
- I set preview tool tip equal to texture name in texture choice dialog as proposed yesterday,
- Negative values for the coordinates of the origin of the background image are accepted,
- Background image origin is now correctly included in plan bounds,
- jpg extension is again accepted as a JPEG extension.

I also removed support for Java 7 in Java Web Start version run under Mac OS X, because I fear some remaining bugs (like the lack of support for accentuated letters in file paths) will generate too much support requests, whereas Sweet Home 3D installer bundle can still work with Apple's Java 6 until further notice. Nevertheless, Java 7 will be accepted on the Online version for the final release, because running Java 6 applets might require some configuration tricks under Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8 and strangely, the bug on accentuated letters in local files doesn't happen in applets.
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Puybaret at Feb 19, 2013, 11:07:25 AM]
[Feb 18, 2013, 1:37:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Thanks for the quick fixes and for the new DMG! (Surprisingly, it already says "Beta 16", not "Beta 15")
I just tested the background image issues, the jpg issues and the new color picker:
Everything works fine now (still under OS X 10.6)
[Feb 18, 2013, 9:50:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight the Beta 17 brings updated help in English and French, as well as localizations in Czech and Polish (thanks Ondrej and Szymon for your fast translations smile).
It fixes also some bugs in Furniture materials dialog box, and brings small improvements like the support of double clicks in the color chooser and a better 3D navigation in 3D previews displayed in the Furniture import wizard.
[Feb 21, 2013, 6:52:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gaytan

Emmanuel,

1) Installing a new beta over the previous; is that ok? Or does it need uninstalling first? (just to be on the safe side)

2) I did not come back to you over difference(s) in color(s) working areas as difference(s) are too small.... Also in Linux as well as in OSX the versions do work correctly, only 'selection' of item(s) in the working area differ(s) from Linux to OSX...

I don't know if you mean to keep your versions completely in sync question way of working...

What I mean is: in Linux when you select an item it becomes blue and does NOT show the 'corner functions'; in OSX when selecting an item is becomes yellow and DOES show the 'corner functions'...

Kind regards,

Ed
[Feb 22, 2013, 9:18:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gaytan

Emmanuel,

Still about the 'javaws' you talk about...

You asked me:

The other issues look like Java issues. Could you try to install Java 6 and run the beta with javaws coming with Java 6?
unquote

I do not completely follow; is that within Windows you want me to do that? Or in Linux? In Linux I would not really know how to go about in order to change java versions....
;-)

Kind regards,

Ed
[Feb 22, 2013, 9:21:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Ed,

In case you are using Ubuntu, (un-)installing Java isn't very difficult.

1 - Go to the Software Center and uninstall IceTea Java.
2 - Go to the Sun website and download Java. (I am using 7.)
3 - Go to this page and follow the instructions for installing Sun Java.

Switching from IceTea to Sun Java solved some problems, and SH3D now runs without any problems.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 22, 2013, 9:51:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Gaytan, you shouldn't worry too much about uninstalling / installing Java. The final release should come soon and it will be delivered with its own JRE.

in Linux when you select an item it becomes blue and does NOT show the 'corner functions'; in OSX when selecting an item is becomes yellow and DOES show the 'corner functions'...
Selection colors depends on the one you set in your system, and not on my personal choice or taste. wink
The corner "indicators" (as I called them in the help) are visible when you select one object. Maybe you selected more than one object during your tests under Linux. Could you check again, because I don't have any issue on my side?
[Feb 22, 2013, 10:30:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved