Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 137
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 231298 times and has 136 replies Next Thread
m@

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.0

Thanks a lot for the DMG, Emmanuel!

- "create photos at points of view" works just fine now.
- toggling magnetism with cmd key works also fine.

- shift key behavior is pretty much like in photoshop or word, although the "grid" in SH3D seems to be much smaller than in PS or word. Could you define a larger grid?
[Jan 23, 2013, 10:47:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your tests. Shift shortcut acts only on the angle of the move direction. There's no grid magnetism in Sweet Home 3D.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 24, 2013, 8:00:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The beta 11 brings the new Check updates at program launch option in the preferences pane along with a Check update button to get information about program and SH3F/SH3T/SH3L/SH3P files updates.

To let you try it with the current Beta, I published some information about a fake version 4.0 Beta 30 that will show the following dialog at program launch.

The updates dialog displays also a Do not display these updates again option shown only at program launch, that avoids you to get the shown updates again at next launch. If you select the check box, the updates dialog will appear again only when newer updates are available.

Of course, in the real world, this new option will have some effect only when version 4.1 will be released, but also for the next beta versions.
[Jan 29, 2013, 5:56:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HakanS

Error messages when I drag and drop furniture.

Sometimes I am unable to drag and drop furniture.
1 times of 2, when I start the program, I can't drag and drop furniture. I start the program from the console with the command
javaws SweetHome3D.4.0.beta.jnlp
I click on a furniture, but when I drag it I get error messages in the consol.

System:
SH3D Version 4.0 Beta 11
on
Kubuntu 12.10 (Ubuntu with KDE)
Java version 1.6.0_24

The error text begins:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-1" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.FurnitureCatalogTransferHandler.createTransferable(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.TransferHandler$DragHandler.dragGestureRecognized(TransferHandler.java:1552)
at java.awt.dnd.DragGestureRecognizer.fireDragGestureRecognized(DragGestureRecognizer.java:356)
at javax.swing.TransferHandler$SwingDragGestureRecognizer.gestured(TransferHandler.java:1615)
at javax.swing.TransferHandler.exportAsDrag(TransferHandler.java:690)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.VisualTransferHandler.exportAsDrag(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.FurnitureCatalogTree$1.mouseDragged(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseDragged(AWTEventMulticaster.java:320)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseDragged(AWTEventMulticaster.java:319)

Tell me if you want the whole error text.
[Feb 1, 2013, 8:49:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Error messages when I drag and drop furniture.

Hakan,

Recently I also had a problem with the newest version of SH3D. It turns out the problem was with the Java version (IceTea) I had installed on my computer.

This is how I solved it under Ubunru 12.04 with the Gnome Classic interface:
1 - uninstall IceTea Java through the software centre.
2 - using the terminal, install Java 7 using some help pages from the internet (like this one )
3 - now download and install SH3D
4 - you can now start SH3D as follows: Application --> Java Web Start --> SH3D

Works like a charm for me.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 1, 2013, 12:05:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the Beta 12 with the following features:
- Existing Inch unit was renamed as Foot/Inch/Fraction, then modified to always display the closest eighth inch fraction for lengths shown in the furniture table and in the plan, and to remove decimals for areas expressed in square foot.
- The Inch/Decimals unit was added to preferences Unit choice, and displays decimals of an inch for lengths shown in the furniture table and in the plan, and for areas expressed in square foot.
- The shortcut of the 3D view > Display in separate window / Display in main window menu item was set to ctrl + alt + Y (cmd + alt Y under Mac OS X) and program shortcuts were enabled in the separated 3D view.
- Line thickness was reduced in prints and PDF files (this feature was already programmed in previous Beta but I forgot to mention it).

As the following screen capture shows, Unit radio boxes were replaced by a combo box proposing the 5 available units.

If there are some users of the Imperial system (i.e. foot/inch) reading this message, I'll be pleased to know their opinion about the unit change. It was a request of some users and I tried to program a logical solution that could be easy to understand. But as a Metric system guy, I could have missed something...
[Feb 1, 2013, 1:11:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

- Line thickness was reduced in prints and PDF files (this feature was already programmed in previous Beta but I forgot to mention it).

Thanks for that! shhh
I'll test it when the next DMG gets public (no stress smile )

Am I getting it right: the automatic update detection will include beta releases as well?
[Feb 2, 2013, 10:27:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Am I getting it right: the automatic update detection will include beta releases as well?
Yes, but it depends on the deployment solution you use. In many cases, Java Web Start updates automatically the jar files required for the program when they are more recent. In that case, you won't see the updates information since the program will be already updated to latest version once launched!
[Feb 3, 2013, 10:41:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

It looks as if something is broken between versions beta 11 and beta 12.

With beta 10, SH3D created two new entries under Applications :
1 - Java Webstart --> eTeks Sweet Home 3D --> Sweet Home 3D 4.0 Beta
2 - Other --> Sweet Home 3D 4.0 Beta
Both worked correctly, and beta 10 automatically updated to beta 11.

Now with beta 12 nothing works anymore. Even if I download the starting applet of 2.8 Kb nothing works.

Any suggestions??

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 3, 2013, 1:40:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry Hans, I can't help you under Ubuntu 12.04, because I can't make work Sweet Home 3D under that system since I updated it with all the latest patches. Might be a driver issue... again. sad
But on other systems, it works for me.
[Feb 3, 2013, 8:11:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved