Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 137
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 231263 times and has 136 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.0

Tonight, the Beta 8 brings a new section in the room modification dialog, that lets the user change the color of the sides of walls surrounding the modified room(s). This includes also a Recompute walls option that will split walls that are shared with other rooms. I tested it against various configurations and hope it will work correctly for you too.

I also added Furniture > Import texture and Furniture > Export to CSV format menu items to help users access these features that weren't so visible.

As DenisS suggested, it seems that we won't have that much choice for magnetism shortcut under Linux, so it will be probably Alt + shift as proposed in a coming Beta.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 14, 2013, 8:36:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

CSV export is very useful!
I am not fun of wall painting so far :-(.

two pictures:

[Jan 15, 2013, 6:25:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

CSV export is very useful!
It was already available in the clipboard after selecting furniture and choosing Edit / Copy menu item. But even if it's mentioned in the help, many users weren't aware of it and clipboard is still buggy under Linux.

I am not fun of wall painting so far :-(.
The painted walls are the ones that touch the modified room, and only walls that intersect each others are recomputed at their intersection. In the more complicated cases you show, you should split walls with Plan > Split wall menu item. Not sure I'll go further than that now. Hope you can understand...
[Jan 15, 2013, 6:52:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

It was already available

yes I knew ... I thought that there is a small difference, when copying to clipboard one has to select all rows, now I just need to select one and all are exported. On the other hand I could copy to clipboard just selected pieces.
[Jan 15, 2013, 9:34:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Is there any chance that there is a solution so that v4.0 will run under Ubuntu 12.04?
I currently have to use v3.6.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 16, 2013, 9:47:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the Beta 9 of Sweet Home 3D version 4.0. It brings the 3 following changes:
- under Linux, I programmed Alt + Shift shortcut to toggle magnetism. Please Linux users, check this; I can't check myself because I test Sweet Home 3D under Linux with Parallels Desktop and I feel keys like Alt or Shift don't send events correctly when pressed. Shift should activate alignment when moving objects, Alt + Shift should toggle magnetism and Ctrl should activate duplication, and it should be possible to combine these behaviors.
- Inspired from an old Hans' request, I added a new option to let user choose whether only the selected items in plan or all home items (including a ground item at elevation 0) should be exported to OBJ. This option is proposed after the file dialog displayed by 3D view > Export to OBJ format menu item. This feature should avoid to install the Copy as new furniture plug-in in the cases where Hans tutorials required it.
- As requested in a previous message, I added Pattern in plan and Top color in the 3D view options in the wall modification pane to be able to individually change the pattern used to draw a wall in the plan and the color used to paint a wall in the 3D view. Therefore, I removed the Wall top colour in the 3D view modification pane.

Hans, as the previous capture shows (partially), I have no problem to run Sweet Home 3D 4.0 under Ubuntu 12.04. I tried with both default JRE and Oracle JRE 1.6.0_37. Hope you'll find a solution in your case.
[Jan 16, 2013, 5:41:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

Just tested:

[Jan 16, 2013, 10:34:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DenisS

France

I made a quick test with 4.0 beta 9, and everything seems OK (well, at least the features that work under OpenJDK wink).

Alt-Shift, Shift and Control work as intended on my PC (Ubuntu 10.12 64 bits).
[Jan 17, 2013, 9:29:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Problem solved.

Previous versions of SH3D were compatible with IceTea Java, so they ran without problem on my standard Ubuntu 12.04.
I uninstalled IceTea and installed Sun Java 7.xx and now the beta 4 runs without problem.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 17, 2013, 11:45:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Great!
I'm looking forward to reading your feedback about the recent new features. smile
[Jan 17, 2013, 12:13:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved