Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 137
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 231239 times and has 136 replies Next Thread
DenisS

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.0

Meta key tested under Ubuntu 12.10, Unity.

Seems to work OK.

Meta is obtained by pressing the left Windows Key and the left Alt key simultaneously.
[Jan 9, 2013, 7:18:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback.

Meta is obtained by pressing the left Windows Key and the left Alt key simultaneously.
Do you mean that pressing Windows Key alone won't work to toggle magnetism?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 9, 2013, 7:55:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DenisS

France

Well, it works no more this morning... sad Another OpenJDK issue ?
I played with keyboard settings yesterday to find the Meta key, but finally reverted to defaults...

Seems like this needs some more investigations...

With Ubuntu's default settings, the Windows key is used in two different ways :
- short press displays the launcher ;
- long press displays a help screen for keyboard shortcuts.
[Jan 10, 2013, 8:45:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The Windows key on my keyboard doesn't do anything at all.
Neither did it anything on my previous keyboard(s).

That said, it's easy to assign any desired action to the Windows key.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 10, 2013, 11:39:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DenisS

France

With default settings, and if I read correctly the keyboard map, Meta should be Shift-Alt.
But this doesn't toggle magnetism.

If I change the keyboard settings, so that Meta is on Left Windows Key (I have only one on my Logitech keyboard), it works but after one second holding the key, this help window pops up...
As a workaround, I can press Shift-Windows or Alt-Windows to avoid the popup.

Debian Wheezy, with Oracle Java, shows the same behaviour. Default Meta (Shift-Alt) doesn't work, I have to change keyboard settings to move Meta on the left Windows key. At least, Gnome shell doesn't show this popup help when you hold the Windows key.

@Hans : do you use Unity and/or Compiz on your Ubuntu ?
[Jan 10, 2013, 12:02:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Since Alt key is already used under Linux to move the current window, I guess I'll have to find an other shortcut. sad
I would prefer a single key, but if it's not possible then I'll choose Alt + Shift.
[Jan 10, 2013, 12:20:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 with the Gnome Classic user interface.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 10, 2013, 12:27:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DenisS

France

@Hans : OK, that's why your Windows key does nothing. These keys are defined by Unity.

Alt alone has a similar behaviour, opening the head up display (search bar) or the application's menu (short or long press).

Alt-Shift should be OK.
[Jan 10, 2013, 12:48:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Has the DMG for OSX also been updated to 4.0?

I'm testing the 3.8 DMG here and just got an error message by using the new feature "create photos at point of view": I selected 2 points and choosed the path to save. The rendering process started, but when i got back after a few minutes, a message informed me that there was a problem. No photos saved.
[Jan 10, 2013, 1:47:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Has the DMG for OSX also been updated to 4.0?
Not yet, but the Java Web Start version should work correctly. If nothing happens when you click on the previous link, double click on the SweetHome3D.4.0.beta.jnlp downloaded file.
[Jan 10, 2013, 6:59:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved