Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 137
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 231142 times and has 136 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D 4.0

Hi,

The first public beta version of Sweet Home 3D 4.0 can be tested.

At this moment, this new version brings the new following features:
- new Materials option in the furniture modification dialog to be able to edit the various materials of the selected furniture,
- new Walls top color option in the 3D view modification dialog to change the color of walls top in the 3D view,
- new 3D view > Create photos at points of view menu item to create photos at a subset of the stored points of view,
- new Aerial view centered on selection preference to center the 3D aerial view on selected items in the 2D plan,
- 3 new wall patterns.

Of course, it fixes the Linux issue when furniture list contains some groups and other minor issues.

Hope you'll like it. smile

[Note: On 2013/01/09, I jumped to version 4.0 and removed reference to version 3.8, mainly because I replaced the shift shortcut used to toggle magnetism by the alt key under Windows, cmd key under Mac OS X and Linux / Meta key under Linux]
[Note from developer: Sweet Home 3D 4.0 was released on March 21, 2013 and the portable version 4.0 was released on April 8, 2013]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Puybaret at Apr 8, 2013, 10:49:01 PM]
[Nov 26, 2012, 9:10:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.8

Emmanuel,

1 - Materials in Modify furniture works perfectly, and is an extremely useful addition. The bookcase with books now gives close to 10 colours to individually change.
2 - Wall top colour in 3D View works correctly. However I would have preferred that this would have been added to the Modify walls dialogue.
3 - Create photos at points of view in 3D view gives a list with available pov's. When I select Create i get an error message, saying Couldn't compute photos. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? When I selected this option from the 3D preview window, nothing happened the first time. When I tried again after using the menu bar, the menu popped up, but gave the same error message. It's as if the function had to be "initialized" through the menu bar.
4 - Aerial view centered on selection in Preferences works perfectly and is a very valuable addition.
5 - Wall pattern in plan in Preferences gives new hatching, which is useful. However I would have preferred that this would have been added to the Modify walls dialogue. The main reason is that, then, you can distinguish between existing walls and new walls. Many people use SH3D in contacts with their builder, and this would be very useful in such situations. Ideally this would be combined with (2), extended to each individual side of every wall, and "hidden" in an Advanced tab in the Modify walls menu.
6 - The Linux issue with unmoving groups has been solved.

Thanks once again for all the work!

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 27, 2012, 6:15:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feeback smile

About Wall top color and pattern: I wanted to add the ability to modify the pattern of each wall too, but didn't know how to present it in Wall modification dialog. Now that the top color in 3D view could be used too, maybe I could add both options in the dialog, with a new section named Top containing a Plan pattern combo box and 3D view color option. I just fear it won't fit in Wall modification dialog at the end (and even if it fits, the dialog is going to be very big).

About Create photos at points of view, maybe you tested this feature a way I didn't think about. Could you send me a sh3d file that fails, please?
[Nov 27, 2012, 9:34:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

About Create photos at points of view, you're supposed to select the folder where images will be stored. But I feel like the folder selection mode in Swing doesn't work very well. sad
[Nov 27, 2012, 6:50:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.0

I just updated the Beta version (Java Web Start link) to fix a few small bugs and add support for Java 7 under Mac OS X, thanks to Java 3D 1.6 / JOGL 2.0 libraries.
Under Mac OS X, a DMG installer bundled with Java 7 is also available here (74 MB) for test purpose. This installer should work under Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.8:
- under Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.6 (PowerPC or Intel), it runs with the Java 5 or 6 version installed with the system,
- under Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8, it runs with the Java 7 version bundled with the application.
This new version fixes also the bugs found in the previous DMG test, except antialiasing in the 3D view that requires additional changes in Java 3D 1.6 to be available. Mac OS X users, even if I tested this installer on different computers, your feedback is welcomed.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jan 9, 2013, 4:06:33 PM]
[Dec 18, 2012, 5:39:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Just tested the OS X Version on a 10.6.8 system. Works fine.

The MATERIALS option is very useful! shhh
Wall top color works too.
Did not test the other new features 'til now.
[Dec 18, 2012, 11:27:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

Hi,
thank you for great new features :-)

I also get exception box when trying to save multiple photos. I run Win. When debugging I found in line 644 of PhotosPanel:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\X220\Desktop\4 - 12\19\12 8:45:36 PM.png

probably slashes are the reason

Cheers
[Dec 19, 2012, 8:30:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's a new beta of the next version of Sweet Home 3D:

First, I jumped to version 4.0 because the next version will have two major changes:
- I reprogrammed the shift key as a shortcut used to keep alignment of moved objects along the horizontal axis, vertical axis and 45° / -45° axes, a classic behavior seen in many drawing applications. The shortcut key used to toggle magnetism will be now the alt key under Windows, the cmd key under Mac OS X and the Linux / Meta key under Linux (please Linux users, confirm it works for you since I didn't find any information about the behavior of that key).
- When a color is globally applied on a piece of furniture that displays some textures, these textures will be replaced by that color too, as shown in the following image:

This behavior is more consistent and isn't a big issue since it's now possible to change each material of a piece.

This new beta proposes also a better dialog box to choose the directory where the photos generated by the Create photos at points of view dialog will be stored, and fixes a bug under Mac OS X that forbad to resize windows when their 3D view was detached when saved.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Feb 20, 2013, 11:28:31 AM]
[Jan 9, 2013, 4:02:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

It's impossible to test this under Ubuntu 12.04.
After clicking the link, some files are downloaded, the SH3D starting window appears, and then... nothing.

The old link on the desktop for v3.8b now gives an error message.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 9, 2013, 4:31:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Damned, I've just tested it successfully under Ubuntu 11.10 both with Java 1.6 and 1.7. Those Ubuntu boxes are really touchy! sad

The old link on the desktop for v3.8b now gives an error message.
I removed 3.8 files so it's normal.
[Jan 9, 2013, 5:33:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved