Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6109 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Jerry2012

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
External rendering of OBJ-Files: how to handle glass?

Dear Puybaret,

I tried to use an external renderer (Octane, http://render.otoy.com/index.php ) by exporting my swetthome-project as OBJ.
Everything works perfect, except a lot of glass objects (windows, glass tables, etc). They are not transparent, but intransparent.
The objects render correctly in sweethome3d in foto rendering.

Can you give me a hint if this is a potential issue of the octane renderer or could this be a problem ob the OBJ-export, e.g. that objects do not get all surface/transparency data in the obj-file?

Just an estimation, so that I can narrow the problem...

Best regards,

Jerry
[Nov 13, 2012, 1:41:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: External rendering of OBJ-Files: how to handle glass?

Transparent materials can be easily found in the MTL file. It starts with a "d" letter followed by a number between 0 (fully transparent) and 1 (fully opaque).
If these lines seem correct and you can correctly reimport the OBJ+MTL files in Sweet Home 3D, it probably means that there's a bug in Octane or that it doesn't support this feature yet.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 13, 2012, 3:17:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

From this thread in Octane forum, this might be a missing feature. Hope Octane team can give you more information...
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 13, 2012, 3:25:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jerry2012

Thanks, you helped me a lot, I wasn't able to do it alone.

Best regards, jerry
[Nov 14, 2012, 9:51:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved