Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5966 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
baurat

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Calculate the floor perimeter of a room

Hello everybody,

after some time of housebuilding I am back to Sweet Home to do some additional planning.

At the moment, I am wondering if there is a possibility to calculate the perimeter of a room (that means to add all lengths of walls in this room) - this would be a great thing if you look for the shoulder length if you install your parquet floor and want to know how much material you have to buy).

So, for ex. a room 3m x 5m without any other walls inside has a shoulder length of 2 x (3m + 5m) = 16m.
But if there is a wall 1m and 0,1m wide inside, you get 16m + 2.1m - 0,1m = 18m.

I am not sure if this has been posted before, at least I did not find anything like it here in this forum, so here is my latest wish :-)

All the best... Heiko!
[Nov 11, 2012, 10:02:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puray

Germany
Re: Calculate the floor perimeter of a room

Hello everyone!

I think it would be indeed very neat if additional parameters could be automatically displayed alongside a room's floor area, e.g., the floor perimeter or the room volume.

Greetings,

Chris
[Apr 6, 2018, 12:57:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Not completely what You want but is useful.
Room perimeter plugin
It's old but steel work.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 10, 2018, 9:05:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lizard2k1

Russia

Something like this?

[Apr 13, 2018, 1:12:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved