Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4651 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
John37

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problem creating photos

I used to have no problems creating photos, but now when I try to create a photo, the circling arrows whirl for a while, but no photo is created - I just get a small square with a cross in it.

Sometimes I can get a photo on the two lowest quality settings but not the best quality settings.

Can anyone help, please?

John
[Oct 11, 2012, 11:37:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Problem creating photos

This looks like a memory issue. Please try the suggestion in the FAQ How can I adjust the memory used by Sweet Home 3D?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 12, 2012, 11:45:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
John37

United Kingdom

I followed the directions in the FAQ as you advised, but I still get the red cross at the two higher photo resolutions.

Any ideas what's wrong, please?

John

[This is what I did following the FAQ: "Under Windows, create a text file named SweetHome3D.l4j.ini in the same folder as SweetHome3D.exe, write the max memory Java option in that file, for example -Xmx1024m for 1 GB, then relaunch Sweet Home 3D."]
[Oct 19, 2012, 10:43:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Maybe you discovered a bug. Could you send me your file to let me check?
[Oct 20, 2012, 1:15:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your files. Fortunately, you had the good idea to send the SweetHome3D.l4j.ini.txt you use and the problem is with this file: you should rename it as SweetHome3D.l4j.ini without the final ".txt"extension.
[Oct 21, 2012, 4:37:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
John37

United Kingdom

Wonderful, that solved the problem. Thank you for your quick reply.

The .txt extension was not visible in the SH3D folder because Windows Vista was set to hide file type extensions so I was unaware of the error. But now I have "unhidden" file extensions so I can see the problem and edit the file name as required.

I have set the java memory allocation to 1024MB. Does that mean that 1MB of the 3MB installed on my laptop is now permanently unavailable to other applications whenever SH3D is running? Or does it just enable SH3D/java to use more memory when it needs it, and then release it for other applications to use when SH3D does not need it?

John
[Oct 21, 2012, 5:30:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
John37

United Kingdom

I meant 1GB of 3GB, not MB!
[Oct 21, 2012, 5:32:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It means that if the program requires 1GB to run then it will be allowed to use that amount of memory. But no memory is reserved by advance by Sweet Home 3D.
Note that the installed version of Sweet Home 3D is a 32 bits program, i.e. you can't set max memory higher than 1.5 GB. At his time, the 64 bits version can be run only from the JAR executable version, or the portable version.
[Oct 21, 2012, 6:28:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
John37

United Kingdom

Very helpful, thank you. John
[Oct 21, 2012, 8:40:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved