Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 21
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 141230 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Textures Library Editor released

Hi,

Here's the Textures Library Editor, a tool that will help Sweet Home 3D users create and manage SH3T files.

The program is available as a 1 MB JAR executable file (see the end of this post for updated links) and requires you installed Java on your machine (or reuse the Java version embedded with Sweet Home 3D installer when available).
The easiest way to launch it is to double-click on the file. If this method fails, choose open or launch with Java in its contextual menu, or open a Terminal window and run the command:

java -jar TexturesLibraryEditor-2.0.jar

Supported systems are Windows, Mac OS X 10.4 to 13, Linux and probably any system that supports Java 1.5.
If you look for an icon for it, take the following one based on a texture of mine:

Very similar to the Furniture Library Editor, this tool will let you import more than a texture image at a time either with a classic file dialog displayed by the Import textures tool, or by dropping the files in the window of the tool if your system supports this feature.
Once they are imported, you may modify each texture, or by group after selecting them. As the screen capture shows, the modification dialog displays the attributes of a texture (for those interested it's even possible to edit the ID attribute after a small modification in the program).

This tool is also a translation tool that will help translators to localize more easily SH3T files: the name and the category entered in the modification dialog depends on the language chosen in the tool bar, and when you select a new language in this drop down list, all the categories belonging to 4 default categories are automatically translated into the selected language, if the language belongs to the ones supported by Sweet Home 3D at this time.

Caution, there's no undo/redo feature. As always create backups to ensure you won't loose your work. This editor should be stable, but I release it as a beta version to fix easily bugs that may appear. Note also that during its development, I discovered a bug in Sweet Home 3D 3.6 and previous versions, that will save all the images of a SH3T library in a SH3D file as soon as you use only one of them. sad
So, upgrade to a newer version, or if you can't, choose to create small SH3T files rather than a big one if you don't want your SH3D files to grow too fast.

For interested programmers, source code is committed in the TexturesLibraryEditor SVN module separated from SweetHome3D one.
Project contains a README.TXT file with compilation directions.

I hope this tool will be useful and that you'll like it (and even more, once the bug fix in Seeet Home 3D will be released). biggrin

Updated links to Textures Library Editor JAR executable:
Textures Library Editor 2.0 was released on 09/22/2023
Textures Library Editor 1.9 was released on 03/03/2023
Textures Library Editor 1.8 was released on 07/27/2021
Textures Library Editor 1.7 was released on 03/02/2021
Textures Library Editor 1.6 was released on 01/22/2019
Textures Library Editor 1.5 was released on 10/05/2015
Textures Library Editor 1.4 was released on 06/12/2014
Textures Library Editor 1.3 was released on 10/30/2013
Textures Library Editor 1.2 was released on 06/03/2013
Textures Library Editor 1.1 was released on 03/21/2013
Textures Library Editor 1.0 was released on 10/25/2012
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 19 times, last edit by Puybaret at Sep 22, 2023, 5:49:26 PM]
[Sep 11, 2012, 12:07:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
speed777777

south africa
Re: Textures Library Editor released

hi emmanuel used new textures library ed now that 3.7 is out, please tell me how to delete a new texture once placed in textures library, as no option to modify or delete is available to use, once imported. using jar ex version. cheers shaun
[Oct 26, 2012, 10:17:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You can't delete a texture image coming from a SH3T file from Sweet Home 3D. Simply edit the SH3T file with the Textures Library Editor and delete it from there, then reimport the SH3T file in Sweet Home 3D (don't need to restart it).
[Oct 26, 2012, 10:40:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stcruz

Good days, working with the publisher(editor) of textures I meet the following problem:
On having imported a texture with transparency "texture.png" when the file to guard as texture sh3t the textures with transparency they do not guard. Some solution?
Thank you very much.
[Apr 29, 2014, 3:31:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Brakat

Egypt

Sore im Arbic man i don't understand it's my first work on Sweethome i just need add more Textures to program thank u :)
[Aug 12, 2014, 9:56:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Brakat, you're not at the good place to get more textures.
Go there to download more textures, and if it's not enough, visit web sites cited in textures import page.
[Aug 12, 2014, 10:17:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Brakat

Egypt

Thank u and have a good time بارك الله لك فى صحتك
[Aug 12, 2014, 10:30:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MarcoH

France

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre excellent logiciel. wink

Serait-il possible, dans une future version de l’éditeur de textures (ou dans une future version de Sweet home 3D lui-même), de prévoir une rotation plus précise des textures.

En effet, il n'est proposé généralement que 0° ou 45° ou 90°.

J'ai modélisé ma (très) vielle maison, aucune pièce n'est carrée et/ou parallèle et/ou perpendiculaire à la grilles et j'ai donc un rendu de l'orientation du parquet non réaliste.
[Sep 3, 2015, 4:48:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SnakeGB

Hi not sure if this is still being developed or not but i notice a bug,

if i import textures say
001.jpg
010.jpg
020.jpg
021.jpg
022.jpg

i get under name

so if i import 100 textures i would have to rename all of them
[Oct 25, 2017, 12:19:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Campi

USA

Hi all,
First post here.
I seem to be missing a step or something. I've downloaded both the texture and the furniture library editors and I got a compressed file when opened, I get a folder with a bunch of meta files and a zipped jnlp.jar file

I'm running OS X 10.11.6 and the java site verified I am running Java 9.0.1

Thanks
[Nov 22, 2017, 7:31:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved