Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16451 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: copy the library with the textures that I created on my pc to another computer

Emmanuel,
unfortunatly it does not appear as you described. The folder i want to transfer from my older Mac contains the structure as you wrote, like textures, furniture and so on, but they are not filled with MY stuff, in fact, the textures folder is empty.
Instead, alot of *.pref files sitting in the parent Sweethome3D folder.
Example:
content43242352rf....pref
furniture-3-r2r24f222....pref
texture.....pref
and so on.

And, in my destination, which is Win7, is NO eteks folder in the Roaming path, instead the eteks folder sits in users/user/.

When i copy the mentioned files over, SH3D doesnot see any of it.
But this folder is used, as i can see some files being added to the work-subdirectory.

so, where does it go wrong?

macfrog
[Jan 26, 2013, 4:19:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: copy the library with the textures that I created on my pc to another computer

Individually imported furniture and textures are stored in Furniture-3-*.pref and Texture-3-*.pref files. You should copy them too, along with preferences.xml file.
furniture and textures subfolders contain only SH3F and SH3T files.

And, in my destination, which is Win7, is NO eteks folder in the Roaming path, instead the eteks folder sits in users/user/.
On my Win7 system, eTeks\Sweet Home 3D folders are created in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming, but as the root of eTeks folder is returned by a Java property, it's possible that it could change from a computer to an other (even if I would be astonished that it changes for a given system). Note also that AppData is hidden by default.

But this folder is used, as i can see some files being added to the work-subdirectory.
That could be a proof that it's the right folder, but this folder is also used when you run Sweet Home 3D from its portable version. You don't use that version, do you?
My suggestion would be to remove eTeks folder, and relaunch Sweet Home 3D to check if this folder is created again.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 26, 2013, 4:54:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

YES!
Thanks! Finally it worked. a deleted and-recopied all the files, including the preferences, so now i know it can be done.

Maybe the folder is different because i installed SH3D as admin? So there is no quarantine for "malicious" suspected software used in this case.

anyway, thanks again!
macfrog
[Jan 26, 2013, 5:43:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved