Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7889 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
JayMot

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Chain link, hurricane or cyclone fence

Does anyone know of a (free) 3D model of chain link (a.k.a. cyclone, hurricane, interlink)fence sections? I imported one from the SketchUp 3D Warehouse but SW3D seems to have problems rendering it in the 3D view. I want one that works well in SweetHome. Thanks!
[Aug 31, 2012, 3:36:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Chain link, hurricane or cyclone fence

Can you post a link to the model you didn't succeed to render?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 31, 2012, 10:54:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JayMot

I think this was the one I used. I opened in in SketchUp 8 then exported it as a 3D model.

It's not so much that the fence doesn't render, although sometimes it doesn't. But what usually happens is that the house's jalousie windows (also gleaned from SketchUp Warehouse here and here ) no longer render in SW3D's 3D view once I've added the chain link fence. It's as though SW3D gets overwhelmed if there are too many "furniture" items of too much complexity, and stops showing them all in detail. I've never had these issues with the 3D models included in SH nor in the downloadable ones from this website, but I sometimes have with models from SketchUp Warehouse. So I guess I want a simpler model of a chain link fence section, one that others have used without any problems with in SweetHome.

(I found one that I want to try, but it's in AutoCAD's .DWG format. I'm planning to download a trial version of AutoCAD so I can export it in a format that SW3D can import: I hope AutoCAD will let me do that.)

(The actual fence is going to be around 80cm. of concrete hollow-block (CHB, a.k.a. cinderblock) with 1 meter of chain link above that, and reinforced concrete pillars around every 3 meters or so (I just used boxes of the appropriate dimensions to represent the pillars, turning off magnetism temporarily so I could place them in the low wall that represents the CHB.)
[Sep 1, 2012, 3:51:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

What do you mean by " showing them all in detail"? The objects don't appear at all in the 3D view?
Maybe it's a missing memory problem, but I'm not sure. See explanations in the FAQ to increase max memory used by the program.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 14, 2012, 9:52:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved