Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8049 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Landscape/Hill Site for House...(Pt.1)

Folks,

Here's a "hint" how to create a sh3d-project of a house not situated on flat land.

First, you need to be sure about the dimensions of your future home.

Then, and this is the tricky part, you need an elevation map of the site you want to place your building in.

Elevation map is a (grey) coloured image of the surface heights in the specific area that can be used by a 3D-program to create an object of that landscape. If you don't have this image, try create it by yourself (Black is 0 and White is high altitude; data from your local authorities, DEM-files etc.).
A simple elevation map would be a rectangular light grey shape with dark borders to represent a lifted area the house can sit on.

Now get some (free) 3D software, e.g. Bryce or some other Trials.
-> build your object.
(more to come)

as an example, i used a random created landscape:

The created Landscape is imported with proper size into SH3D.

You can see, i've placed a foundation block instead of a proper basement.
To place your sh3d house inside this rock, you need to cut out the space you require. with your 3D-program, i'm afraid (Boolean subtraction of my foundation block from landscape object).

(tell me if you need to know more...)
macfrog
[Jul 21, 2012, 12:22:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Landscape/Hill Site for House...(Pt.2)

Hi,

here is another pic. Clearly visible is the cutout i did to make space for the house itself:

this is the basement.

and this is another view of the example project:

(big pic)

I hope, this is helpful for somebody.

macfrog
[Jul 22, 2012, 2:03:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ralphord

Re: Landscape/Hill Site for House...(Pt.2)

Well Macfrog, thanks for your hint. I will test this and see, if a non architect can make this. I will have to use googlemap of the aeria. see if this works.
[Nov 14, 2012, 3:10:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved