Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 25
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 33638 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
Kirl

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
MIRROR EFFECT

Hi all, can anyone help me?
Can i make a mirror effect at SweetHome?
If 'yes', please tell me...
Hugs all!!!!
[May 14, 2012, 12:18:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: MIRROR EFFECT

Rob,

Depending on what you mean:
1 - Use Modify furniture -> Mirrored shape
2 - Use this model.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 14, 2012, 6:11:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Kirl

smile Re: MIRROR EFFECT

Thx bud...
[May 28, 2012, 1:34:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
oxygen

Russia

About mirrors again...
I want to make a custom mirror and I downloaded a nice mirror in 3ds format than imported it into my SweetHome. And it didn't work! shock Mirror material was imported as some type of a metal. OK, I think there was anoter way - I took a model from post of hansmex and open it in my Deep Exploration to grab a mirror material from it and replace the material of my downloaded mirror with grabbed mirror material. Than modified mirror object was saved in .3ds, .obj and .dae but when I tried to import it in my SeetHome, it was unsuccesful at all even if I make a changes of a properties of a mirror material in Deep Exploration. So... What am I doing wrong? thinking
[Jun 9, 2012, 12:41:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The "mirror trick" is the mirror.mtl file that's included in the zip-file. Here the material properties are specified.
If you make an object and use the mirror.mtl file as its material, you will obtain the mirror effect.

Use a text editor to study the mirror.obj and the mirror.mtl files.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 9, 2012, 1:20:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry Hans, the MTL file is useful to find which part is the mirror, but it's not the MTL file that must be modified.

oxygen, you should export your 3D model first at OBJ + MTL format (both are text files you can edit with any text editor).
Then in the generated MTL file, search for the name of the material following newmtl that match the texture or the color of the mirror in your 3D model.
Once found, search the line where this material name is found in the OBJ file and search back the closest line starting by "o" or "g" in the previous lines. Following "o" or "g", there will be the name of a part of your 3D model that you should prefix with sweethome3d_window_mirror.
For a real example, please have a look to rectangularMirror.mtl and rectangularMirror.obj showing the following mirror:

Finally, note that the reflection effect in the mirror works only at the two best rendering quality levels in Photo creation dialog box.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Feb 10, 2021, 4:47:48 PM]
[Jun 9, 2012, 1:59:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
oxygen

Russia

Thanks Hans and Emmanuel))
I'll try to make some cute mirrors for my projects.
[Jun 9, 2012, 4:35:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
chenjs

Hi all,

I'm also having problem with the mirror effect. I have imported the mirror models from the Sweet Home website but somehow they show a metallic surface, not a reflection.

It there a problem with my software or hardware configurations?

Please help. Thanks in advance.
[Aug 17, 2012, 5:08:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sclee

here:http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,3453
[Aug 17, 2012, 7:36:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

chenjs, the reflection can be seen only at the two best quality levels in the photo or video creation panes.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 17, 2012, 8:35:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved