Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6261 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
sth_Weird

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Export Textures / copy textures to other computer

hi,

My husband and I are currently designing our house :)
I have imported quite a bunch of textures to my computer. It's been a lot of work. Now we want to copy those textures to my husband's computer so he can use them as well.
I know that when we share projects, the used textures are part of the projects and will be available on his computer as well...but I want the unused textures (simply all textures I imported) to be copied as well, without having to import each and every single file again on the other computer, since it has been a lot of work and took a lot of time to do that on my computer.
I wonder if it's possible at all?

thx
sth_Weird
[May 13, 2012, 9:04:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Export Textures / copy textures to other computer

At this time, it's only possible to copy the whole texture and furniture list from one computer to the other, meaning that you will lose all the texture and furniture you already imported on the destination computer where you want to copy them.
On the original computer, you should search the private folder where preferences and imported data are stored. Its place depends on the operating system you use:
- Under Windows Vista / 7, this folder is C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D (where user is your user's name)
- Under Windows XP and previous versions of Windows, it's C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D
- Under Mac OS X, this folder is the Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D subfolder of your user folder
- Under Linux, this folder is the .eteks/sweethome3d subfolder of your user folder.
Once you found this folder, copy its content to its counterpart on the other computer, and relaunch Sweet Home 3D. Hope you can handle it!
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 14, 2012, 6:58:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved