Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2365 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
gushie

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Does video create a temporary file?

I've been trying to create a video of my model at a quality which takes a couple of days to complete. I've tried twice now, but when I switch to the application when it has finished it keeps crashing so I don't get an opportunity to save the video file.

Does the program create a temporary file for the video that might still be on my disk somewhere? Failing that is there a way of getting it to automatically save when it has finished?
[Mar 10, 2012, 10:53:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gushie

United Kingdom
Re: Does video create a temporary file?

Note I should have mentioned I'm on Windows 7.
[Mar 10, 2012, 10:58:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry for the problem.
The video is created with the help of a temporary file saved in one of the subfolders of C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\work, but from tests I did in the past, this file can't be played until its creation ends normally.

You should create your video from subparts managed in different files. You could also tried tips mentioned in the FAQ How can I speed up the rendering process in photo and video creation panes?

All my best wishes of success! smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 10, 2012, 11:35:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gushie

United Kingdom

Hi Puybaret, thanks for the answer.
The file was in that folder, and it looks as though the creation process completed as it played fine :)

I have already tried the tips, but I was attempting quite a high resolution, and had a number of light sources (due to it being too dark otherwise) so fully expected it to take a while. The crash could well have been my fault, as I did increase the -Xmx value, perhaps too far. Also I was remote desktop'ing to the PC so perhaps that upset the graphics system. There wasn't an error message though, so no clues as to the exact source.

But I got my video so I'm happy. Thanks for the great software :)
[Mar 10, 2012, 12:18:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Great to hear that the temporary file was working! smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 10, 2012, 1:12:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved