Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11636 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
xtal_01

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to use snap / grid

Hello,

First time user so excuse my ignorance.

I can not find anywhere in the help and explanation of how to stay on the grid.

Is there a way of setting a minimum unit ( say 1") so I can stay on the grid)? Or is there a way of setting some sort of "snap" so I can stay onto the grid.

Sorry, use to using autocad where I can set a snap to say 12" and then it will only let me start a line at 12" intervals.

I am asking because I want to start a wall exactly on zero zero ... I keep getting off by 1/8" or so.

Thanks ..... Mike
[Feb 28, 2012, 4:42:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How to use snap / grid

Mike,

The grid in SH3D has no other function than to act as a visual guide. There's no Snap to feature.

If you want exact measures you will need to enter them manually:
1 - Draw your first line manually, then use Modify walls to correct the X,Y coordinates.
2 - For consecutive lines you can set the starting point by using the built-in magnetism, which shows connections at end points, and also at left, right and middle of the wall.
3 - To draw more, consecutive points of connected walls, you can hit the Enter key on your keyboard. This brings up a small dialogue box that allows you to exactly enter the length, angle and thickness of the wall.
4 - To join unconnected endpoints of two walls, you can use the plug-in AdvancedEdit (PDF), which provides the new function Plan -> Connect walls.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 28, 2012, 12:31:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xtal_01

USA
Re: How to use snap / grid

Fantastic!

I am use to engineering drawing using Autocad and Solidworks. I am using SH3D for a house I am planning to build in a few months. The program seems to be awesome! If makes my life much easier showing my wife ideas and what it will look like]

Thank you so much!

Mike
[Feb 28, 2012, 3:23:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved