Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 25293 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Ferraro

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Import .obj file to Blender

I have been looking into this as well. Ideally OBJ groups should be created by individual pieces of furniture. The OBJ writer appears to write g + objectName and then falls back to the nodeName. g being the obj files designation for group. Could it be that the nodeName being used for all furniture is simply "mesh" Line 344 of OBJWriter.java mentions a unique name that is "human readable". Ideally the furniture library name should be inserted here. However, on closer examination of the output file it appears it only writes groups by the textures used. As a workaround, I am thinking perhaps I should build my models with a single image texture map from now on. Any thoughts on an implementation that passes the furniture library name as nodeName?
[Oct 24, 2014, 9:03:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
unitedwewillwin

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Import .obj file to Blender

I was facing the same issue and found a great, efficient way to separate objects in Blender (only takes a few seconds!)

To do that, just select the imported object in Blender, go into Edit Mode (pressing the "tab" hotkey on your keyboard), then press "P" on your keyboard. A small tab opens and you can choose to separate the items either by Material or by Loose Parts.

Here is the Youtube tutorial I found that explains it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_C3xkVT044

The only downside is that in the Blender Outliner, the different parts don't take the name they had in Sweet Home 3D. For example "Table" is called "ProjectName.001", but this can be manually changed.

Hope this helped!
[Dec 24, 2021, 3:45:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved