Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14865 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
PollieXmas

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Join walls

Hi,

First of all thanks for a very useful program!

I am using it to get an idea of what alterations are possible on our current home.

I therefore work a lot with individual walls and wanting to move around walls. I use the split walls a lot. However, I would also like the option where it would split the wall completely. Currently I have to make a copy of the part of the split that I need and then delete the one that is still attached to the other part.

Then of course I would now want to join this wall to another wall so it moves together. Sometimes the new wall that I add to split an existing room does not join well with the existing wall making it render weird. Being able to join the wall would probably help with that too.

Finally, I would also find something like a 'format painter' very useful to transfer properties from one floor/wall to another. I find that I spend a lot of time setting up the walls, floor the way I want to have it only to realise that the room needs to change. Then it is of course much easier to simply delete the floor and double-click in the room to get a new floor, but then I have to re-do all the settings.

This tied together with the join wall feature could work well as when you join a wall it can automatically take on the format of the wall that it is joining to.

Anyway, thanks again and sorry if this feature exists or have been requested, I could not find anything with my search criteria.

Regards

Paul
[Oct 18, 2011, 12:22:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Join walls

Paul,

1 - Join walls
This feature exists in the form of a plug-in. You may want to read the plug-ins tutorial (PDF). It joins two walls, keeping the parts, but forming an elastic bond.
2 - Split walls
The easiest way to really split walls and remove the joint (in my view) is to split a wall in three, then delete the middle part, and reconnect the remaining parts. Then, by hand, you correct the coordinates to where the split/joint should be.
3 - Paint
There is a plug-in that copies colour/texture from one object to another, but I'm not sure it works on walls, because I never use it. gain, see the plug-ins tutorial mentioned above.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 18, 2011, 1:03:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PollieXmas

Hi Hans,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I will surely go and have a look.

Thanks again

Paul
[Oct 18, 2011, 1:35:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PollieXmas

Hi Hans,

You are right, the Duplicate style does not work on floors and walls.

The join walls works like a charm, once you figure out the wall direction.

Thanks again.

Paul
[Oct 18, 2011, 8:42:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PollieXmas

Hi Hans,

Which is the best way to get hold of the developers of these plugins?

I tried sending a message to the one via sourceforge, but it was disabled.

I essentially want to ask about object properties for floors and walls as well as joining 3 walls together.

Regards

Paul
[Oct 19, 2011, 3:45:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Paul,

The author of the AdvancedEdit plug-in is forum member Tobias Liefke, aka as starrunner.
You can try to send him a message through his profile page .

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 19, 2011, 4:16:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PollieXmas

Thanks again Hans, I emailed him asking where he would want to discuss it, i.e. so other can also understand/learn should they have the same/similar problems/requests.
[Oct 19, 2011, 8:51:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
starrunner

Paul,

I received your message but was abroad, thats why I didn't answer your question until yet:

I'm sorry, but joining three walls is impossible. In the SH3D model every wall has exactly one predecessor and one successor. So you can put the end position of one wall on the join position of two other walls, but you can't connect all three walls.

Tobias
[Oct 21, 2011, 9:19:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cj31387

This was posted in 2009. Has join walls been implemented in Sweet Home 3d without a plugin yet? If so how do I do it
[Dec 15, 2013, 1:59:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rkv104

hi friends i have modified duplicate style plugin to work on room and walls...

it is a plugin package with 3 plugins

1)intelligent select -> To select items at current level by selecting values 1 to 7

(All windows should have string "window" in its name for this to work for windows)

2)intelligent hide/Show -> To hide items at current level by selecting values 1 to 6

Show all hidden items by selecting value 7

(All windows should have string "window" in its name for this to work for windows)

3) enhanced duplicate style plugin (all credits to original developer) -> Duplicate style from
furniture to furniture
door to door
window to window
room to room
wall to wall

should i post the plugin so that you can use it..just try if it fits your needs ..otherwise you can always remove it.....
[Dec 15, 2013, 8:08:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved