Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 22
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9167 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
devilbliss

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Rendering problem

Im having problems rendering my room. Using the in-app photo rendering tool, i get this image:
setting: best

using the rendering plug-in, i got this image:
setting:best

This is the sh3d file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?s6azsu5z8z946nd

My concern is the window it does not appear transparent in the following rendered photos. But if the view is from the outside the room, as shown below, the windows are transparent.

Thank you in advance guys!
[Sep 27, 2011, 12:16:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Rendering problem

Rex,

First, I have the impression that you are using an "old" version of SH3D. Please, check your version using Help --> About , and make sure that you have version 3.3 installed, or that you are using the beta of 3.4.

Problems in your file are:
- The lights are "old" and cannot be dimmed. That makes the light level far too high.
- The windows are not standard, or at least not compatible with version 3.3, becasue they function like mirrors. I changed your windows for different ones, and now they are transparent.

The "old" lights that come with the Advanced Rendering plug-in look and function in a different way than the newer lights. Make sure to delete these lights. They may function well in v2.6 in combination with the AdvRend-plug-in, but they don't give the desired results in newer versions.

Here's the link to your modified file.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 27, 2011, 2:09:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
devilbliss

hans,

Thanks, as always you are very helpful with inquiries of the members. I am currently using the 3.3 version of the program.

I think i may have used the window from the multilevel tutorial, but a few days back I was able to render a photo with transparent windows (same as the window used in the file). Thank you for taking time to edit my file.

Regarding the 'old" lights that came with the advanced rendering plug-in, how can I tell which lights are not compatible with newer versions of the programs? Are they the the lights under "Lights" category or the lights under the "light bulbs" catergory (I never changed the category of lights in my program nor imported new lights).

Rex
[Sep 27, 2011, 2:42:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Rex,

Glad your problem is solved.

The old lights are in a library file (*.sh3f) that came with the AdvRend plug-in. It depends on your operating system where you can find this file, but it should be in a (hidden, if under Linux) directory, close to where the plug-ins are.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Sep 27, 2011, 4:37:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The old lights must be in Light bulbs category. They work but don't offer the same possibilities depending on the version you use. If you want to remove them, go to the directory where sh3f files are installed and remove BasicPlusExtraLights.sh3f, ExtraLights.sh3f or somethingLights.sh3f file.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 27, 2011, 4:47:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

And about the mirror effect on the window, it's simply a reflect of bright objects in the room. Change the location of the observer to face the window, place something behind the window and you'll see that it's transparent.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 27, 2011, 4:57:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Of course that's the first thing I did. Nevertheless the renders showed the windows as mirrors. When I replaced them with "my" windows, they became transparent from the same position. The "simple" preview render shows the windows as transparent.

My guess was that the reflection is set higher in the OBJ data, and that, combined with the too-strong internal lighting, causes the mirror effect.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Sep 27, 2011, 6:01:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
devilbliss

Thanks guys for the inputs. I already deleted the "old" lights. They are under the "Light Bulbs" category. I am not an architect or an engineer or a developer but your program is very easy to use (one just have to read the very helpful tutorials first) and it sparked a lot of interest from me.
[Sep 28, 2011, 3:20:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
devilbliss

emmanuel and hans,

I think there's another problem, I don't know if this is a bug or something. But today, when I try to render the room that hans edited for me, I discovered another problem/issue. There's still a black part of the windows, when I examined it again, the "Black" part of the window is the ground on the background. The sky on the rendered photo is blue but the ground is black. I tried changing the view from inside the room to outside the room and the rendered photo looks like this. I don't know if this is an isolated case or if it is happening to other users.

Thank you very much!
[Sep 29, 2011, 1:31:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
devilbliss

in addition, I think that's why I still got the desired transparency of the windows in this photo which I originally posted on this thread.

Thanks!
[Sep 29, 2011, 1:37:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved