Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 52
Posts: 52   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 145435 times and has 51 replies Next Thread
fhoofman

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.4

I was hoping that version 3.4 will provide more realistic rendering
but I really appreciate the effort so far.
[Dec 9, 2011, 2:57:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LYRY

Angola

how used the new Beta in my operation sistem Windows7?
I don´t know how. can u help me?
[Dec 10, 2011, 4:55:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The version 3.4 Beta 31 brings some corrections to some old bugs I finally found how to fix:
- a bug that reset 3D view aspect ratio after a camera change (see here),
- a bug that displayed a texture as inverted when applied to the left side of a wall,
- a bug that wrongly shifted the texture applied on an object with a 3D model file not placed at the origin (see here). The correction of this last bug helped me also to find how to show a texture correctly on the front side of an object, so you don't have to turn it around to see its back face. This new behavior will be applied only to the texture changes you'll make from this version.

how used the new Beta in my operation sistem Windows7?
Install Java on your computer and click on this link. If it doesn't install the current beta on your system, then please wait for the final release a few more days.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 12, 2011, 9:11:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

I have a question about putting stairs in: When you put them in, shouldn't they punch a "hole" in the floor above, or below them like windows and doors do? But I know you'd have to be able to tell SH3D that the stairs start on floor 0 (and therefore no floor hole is needed) but for them to punch a hole in the floor above to get to the 2nd floor and if another set of stairs is placed above that, to punch a hole in the floor above that to get to the 3rd floor, etc.? I hope this is not too difficult.

I thought you had an icon for adding levels. Where did that go? I hope you won't be taking that out for the final version.

P.S. I made a balcony with a floor but when you "walk" under it, you can see right through the floor like it isn't even there. (that's funny, lol). However, when you're there standing on the balcony, you can see the floor just fine. See the attached pic (I hope it works)
Attachment sh3dfunnybalcony.jpeg (135968 bytes) (Download count: 10722) (Looking up through the balcony floor from outside.)
sh3dfunnybalcony.jpeg
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pencilart at Dec 12, 2011, 9:53:53 PM]
[Dec 12, 2011, 9:42:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I have a question about putting stairs in: When you put them in, shouldn't they punch a "hole" in the floor above, or below them like windows and doors do?
I just added this feature in version 3.4 Beta 32.
This required a new property in the description file of the furniture of the catalog. I called it staircaseCutOutShape and it describes the shape used to cut out the ceiling and the floor of the upper levels when they intersect a staircase. This shape should be written with the syntax of the SVG path element described at http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/paths.html (for example, M0,0 v1 h1 v-1 z describes a 1 unit wide square). This will allow to have complicated shapes like a pie shape for spiral staircases, as show in the following image and the attached document:

To let you import 3D models as staircases too, I added a new Staircase checkbox at the third step of the import furniture wizard and in the upcoming update of the Furniture Library Editor. In that case, the cut out shape of the staircase will be a rectangle with the same width and depth as the object itself.

I thought you had an icon for adding levels. Where did that go? I hope you won't be taking that out for the final version.
To avoid presenting too much features to beginners, the button and the level tabs are displayed only once you added a first level with... the Plan > Add level menu item.

I made a balcony with a floor but when you "walk" under it, you can see right through the floor like it isn't even there.
This behavior happens because you didn't create a ceiling at the lower level matching the bottom of the balcony, and OpenGL faces are visible only from one side. As I'm afraid of a flow of FAQs about this, I'm probably going to improve this behavior before releasing version 3.4. The idea would be to always create the opposite (ceiling) part of upper level floors, except at the places where the user drew a ceiling at the lower level. This is not so easy because it requires to compute some intersections between the user ceilings and these opposite parts, otherwise the superimposed surfaces won't be rendered correctly.
Attachment StaircaseHolesTest.sh3d (82170 bytes) (Download count: 6174) (An example with holes made by staircases in the floor)

[Dec 13, 2011, 4:36:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Wow, another great feature!

I had a quick look at it, and it looks perfect. Right now, I don't have the time to thoroughly test it, hopefully that will come in the next few days.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 13, 2011, 5:25:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

That stairs test worked great! I'm very excited about the new features and I can hardly wait until the release! :D But I know that great things can't be rushed. :D
[Dec 13, 2011, 5:43:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pial

France

Great improvement, congratulations, Emmanuel, though when I downloaded the new version, I wish it was an update for the zoom problem in bird view mode ! Next time may be ? wink
----------------------
Pierre
[Dec 13, 2011, 7:21:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I updated the beta version to generate automatically the bottom part of a floor at upper levels, when no ceiling part was drawn at the lower level. It contains also a few bug fixes reported by a nice team of Swedish students who test Sweet Home 3D at this time. Nice job guys! smile

I wish it was an update for the zoom problem in bird view mode
Sorry I don't think I will change bird view mode anytime soon, except for this case.
[Dec 14, 2011, 6:43:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

It works great! I'm so happy with that. Great job Emmanuel!
[Dec 15, 2011, 8:18:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 52   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved