Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2360 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Mitsaki

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
smile Place Furniture randomly

Hello,

I have another question. I have looked for the methods that I can use, but I think that there is no function in order to place furniture randomly in my Room.
I especially looked in align methods.

Is there any already made method that I can use?
[Aug 24, 2011, 10:25:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mitsaki

Re: Place Furniture randomly

and above all, I don't them to be placed on top of each other.
[Aug 24, 2011, 1:28:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alied

Argentina

Well, I think it is because that feature is not a standard one for home design (nor one most people would ask for). However, it is a chance for you to develop such a feature.
It should not be that difficult to develop a plugin which does that. One solution can be to randomly move the selected furniture within the boundaries of a Room (provided the Room has enough space), taking into account not to overlap them. First arrange them, then align. Sounds interesting.
[Aug 25, 2011, 1:56:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mitsaki

True, I have been started to do that, given a Parallelogram with fixed dimensions. Nonetheless, I won't do that as a plugin, but if someone is interested in changing my program and make it as a plug in, just tell me:))

Thanks
[Aug 25, 2011, 8:16:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alied

Argentina

Just out of curiosity: how do you plan to do it?
A plugin is the most straightforward way I can think of.
[Aug 27, 2011, 2:36:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mitsaki

I want to use it in my own application and so far I have adjusted in my own app.
Maybe a little bit later, I can adjust it for every program.
[Aug 27, 2011, 3:52:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved