Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10620 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
luxray8910

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Swimming Pool

Hi,

My home is pretty cool for now, but i would really like to add quite a bit more.... which includes an outdoor swimming pool.
But i have realized that there are no swimming pool furnitures, and i cant exactly make one at a negative level, so please help.
Is there a place i can import a hot tub or something? Once again, please help!
----------------------------------------
~Kayla~
[Aug 19, 2011, 3:19:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Swimming Pool

Kayla,

No need to ask your question three times...
It will only be answered once.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 19, 2011, 3:28:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
luxray8910

USA

Kayla,

No need to ask your question three times...
It will only be answered once.

Hans

Sorry, I asked more than once because I really wanted an answer, as I do now on importing furniture.
~Kayla~
[Aug 19, 2011, 6:18:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
carlctz

South Africa

hi im a newbie here on the site but what i did is just use the square block object and make it the size of my pool then flatten it to 2cm and then imported a water texture that i used on it, I add 4 more blocks on the sides for the walls and flattened them to about 5cm then just added a paving texture on them. its not a perfect solution but it does the job.
I'm a self professed NOOB at almost anything in life into gaming, mobile web design and 3D animation or design software.
[Sep 20, 2011, 6:15:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bteniente

España

I would suggest adding a ladder from google 3d or somewhere else to give your pool a realistic touch :)
[Sep 20, 2011, 7:37:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
luxray8910

USA

What I did was use a Carpet, make it as big as I wanted my in-the-ground pool to be, then change the texture to a water pattern. Then I took more of the Carpets and changed their textures to look like concrete and put it around the edges of my in-ground pool. It looks awesome so far!
~Kayla~
[Sep 20, 2011, 8:58:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
polo2010

Denmark

You can also use a wall - make it the size of pool plus surroundings - place an invisible box the size of your pool where you want your water - copey as new furniture and add texture and so on...
[Sep 26, 2011, 5:53:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
polo2010

Denmark

You can also use a wall - make it the size of pool plus surroundings - place an invisible box the size of your pool where you want your water - copey as new furniture and add texture and so on...

BTW I posted a pict in the gallery that was made that way. Also you can use the "slope" in the wall settings to make elevated terrain.
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?1jqcqgp1l6hjhf3
[Sep 26, 2011, 10:35:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alishaanne97

usa

I used the flooring and made a big square the size that i wanted my pool and then used it again to put a boarder around it, used an imported water picture and a tile texture.
[Mar 5, 2012, 10:04:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved