Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4913 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
rino63

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
transparency of curtains

hi, write here but I don't know if is the right section. I wish simulate the transparency of curtains but no idea for this. a possibility could be the use of a wall whit a texture but the transparency cannot be activated for one wall only. someone have some idea?
thanks for your time.
rino
[Apr 9, 2011, 3:17:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: transparency of curtains

Rino,

Transparency is possible, but not necessarily perfect in SH3D. I have been able to achieve good results with images that are either completely opaque or completely transparent. I haven't (yet) been very succesful with gradients or partial transparency. See this thread. Since that post, things have improved: the 3D preview now (more or less) correctly shows transparency. For better results use 3D photo rendering, and you will even get the shadows correct.

Due to the way textures are applied to models, you may want to read this thread as well.

I have tried to apply a partially (say 50%) transparent texture to curtains, but that wasn't succesful. Maybe it works better now, but I haven't tested it yet. It would be nice if you let us know your results.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 9, 2011, 4:01:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rino63

Hans,thank you for the transparent gif idea, unfortunately in the photo it seems 99% transparent... need 49% again :)
[Apr 9, 2011, 8:10:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Rino,

One more tip. Use the screentone patterns from Crazykira on Deviantart. The link gives you some examples, but if you search her (?) work, you should be able to find many more similar patterns.

Give them the colour you want, and make the background transparent. You then have a texture that consists of "blobs" that are either 100% transparent or 100% opaque. SH3D and the Sunflow renderer should be able to handle those patterns correctly. If you can't find what you are looking for, I have a series of dotted patterns ranging from 10% to 90% transparent.

EDIT
Try this link: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=patterns
END EDIT

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Apr 9, 2011, 8:36:18 PM]
[Apr 9, 2011, 8:25:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rino63

Thank you Hans, it work. my only problem now is smooting the objects but I think that actually there isn't a solution in SH.

Rino
[Apr 10, 2011, 9:13:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Rino,

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by smooth.
If you want a more detailed picture, use the highest quality rendering and make the image as large as possible. Then go make yourself coffee, take a shower and go shopping, to wait for the rendering to finish. Scale down the image and you have a very high definition rendering of your model.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Apr 10, 2011, 2:05:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rino63

Hans, read here for more info http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,2266
Rino
[Apr 10, 2011, 4:33:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved