Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 77
Posts: 77   Pages: 8   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 205498 times and has 76 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Simulate sun position and lights/shadows

Ralf,

As of version 3.0 this plug-in is obsolete. It's functions have been integrated into the standard version of SH3D. Moreover, the plug-in may cause unwanted behaviour in certain situations when installed in version 3.0 or higher. So, don't expect any development on any version of this plug-in.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 22, 2011, 10:46:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Even if I would prefer people use the solution proposed in the version 3.x, the advanced rendering still works with Sweet Home 3D as far as I know. The unwanted behavior that happened with Sweet Home 3D 3.0 was fixed in the version 3.1.

To answer noxx question about his "save and shutdown pc after rendering" button, I'm not sure I have a way to turn off a computer by program, but I understand autosaving in a default file could be nice. The problem with autosaving is that it obliges the developer to manage a list of autosaved files that should be deleted if not used. But how long should be the delay before considering an image is obsolete? Where these images should be stored?... An apparently simple question might in fact bring many questions sometimes.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 23, 2011, 7:14:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
noxx

perhaps:

- it is possilbe to define a save-folder in the rendering menu or setup-menu
- it is possible to make snapshots in the rendering menu. each snapshot is rendered, so that i can make more as one rendering-photo over night
- every rendering photo has a prefix with date and time
eg picture_23062011_120500
i think no picture has the same date and time
- its possible to set "shutdown after rendering"

only some ideas :)

and thx for this nice tool
[Jun 23, 2011, 11:11:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

noxx,

- it is possible to make snapshots in the rendering menu. each snapshot is rendered, so that i can make more as one rendering-photo over night
- every rendering photo has a prefix with date and time
eg picture_23062011_120500
i think no picture has the same date and time
- its possible to set "shutdown after rendering"

Good ideas, bit i think it's even easier (for the developer). When the Rendering starts, it always starts with an empty picture. When the user interupts the rendering, all the work done is beeing discarded, even the save button remains useless.
So, to solve this, the program has to store the state of the interupted rendering, keep the resulting unfinished picture somewhere and also the rendered buckets (areas being rendered so far) that are already done (together with the measurements etc.). this could quite easily done by asking the user to save current state of rendering, creating a zip file of the unfinished picture and a xml file with the specs.
I've got a very slow machine here to use as well, and sometimes i really need to stop (or PAUSE!) the rendering, which is impossible. therefore a will NEVER create a movie. i need batch rendering for this.
macfrog
[Jun 26, 2011, 7:57:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
noxx

ive here a 64bit-machine with quad core (e5620) and 24GB RAM. i think i can make more as one rendering-picture in a night. i hope the developer found a solution for faster machines.

perhaps sweethome can start only with a empty folder for the pictures.
[Jun 29, 2011, 12:07:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jaffacat

shock Re: Simulate sun position and lights/shadows

please help!! hypnotized hypnotized
the window does not show up, also what version does this support??
/\__/\
(=^.^=)
(")(")_/
[Aug 16, 2015, 1:36:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The AdvancedRendering plug-in doesn't work for SH3D versions 3 and higher.
The functions of this plug-in have been integrated into the program.
Currently SH3D is in version 5, which you can find here .

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 16, 2015, 8:36:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 77   Pages: 8   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved