Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 77
Posts: 77   Pages: 8   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 205551 times and has 76 replies Next Thread
HectiGonzalez

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Simulate sun position and lights/shadows

wowwwwwwwwww... first off congratulations on this amazing soft and these unbelievable render plugs. I found this program a week ago, I´m making a 3d animation and I needed something exactly like this to make the scenaries. Also very useful the tip of the memory tunning with the txt file. So Puybaret, db4tech and all the ones that help to develop this great soft congratulations.
I will be uploading the video when I finish it and of course will give the correspondant credit to sweet home 3d and it´s people.
see you

P.S: I correct the link to the 1.6 version of the render plug in
http://www.sweethome3d.com/plugins/AdvancedRendering-1.6.sh3p
[Aug 27, 2010, 5:32:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

By the way I forgot to mention that from version 1.6, the sphere of the bulb lights coming from the updated SH3F files have a diameter equal to the maximum value between their width and their depth (so it will be 10 cm by default).
The sphere of the other lights have a diameter equal to 6.5 cm that allows to use almost all the lights of the available SH3F files as light sources (see image bellow), but may change how your images will look compared to the previous versions of the plug-in.
If this last diameter is too large, you always have the option to import again the given light from 3D models page with the import furniture wizard, then you add one of the updated bulb lights in the imported light and change the size of the light bulb.

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 27, 2010, 8:30:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

You're welcome Emmanuel!

I really hope the extra features and rendering tweaks help many users by allowing even more photo realism.
I too greatly look forward to seeing users renders in the gallery section, using the new features that version 1.6 brings! smile

Here are a couple of examples to let users see what is now possible with the new Silk setting.

Firstly Pencilart's kitchen sink and units (thank you again Pencilart!) using the glossy setting. As a guide, this is all the original Advanced renderer was capable of producing.

Now here is the same scene, rendered using the Silk setting which (apart from being able to produce glossy and diffused surfaces) can also render real (diffused or shiny) chrome.

The Silk setting does take a bit longer to render scenes, because it uses a far more advanced shader. So only choose this setting if your scene contains different levels of diffuse surfaces and/or chrome.
If not the Glossy setting will be faster.

If anyone has any questions (or comments) please feel free to ask(or post)

Right I really must stop and get some sleep, just wanted to post these first to help.

Take care all and enjoy! smile

db4tech
[Aug 27, 2010, 9:38:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I just fixed a few small bugs in the Advanced rendering plug-in and updated the last plug-in file accordingly.
Sorry for the problem. No one is perfect. wink
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 27, 2010, 7:24:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Ha ha smoothly done! wink

Pleased to find you killed the bug, preventing old lamps mixed with new lamps (when using user light control) causing the render to fail.

Plus other tweaks! wink wink

Thanks!

db4tech
[Aug 27, 2010, 9:05:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

Wow db4tech! That looks awesome! That second render is the way the sink should look! :D ^_^ :D

Great job you guys!!
[Aug 28, 2010, 12:25:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Emmanuel,

I've just realised why caustics don't render (or appear to render, you'll understand why I said this in a moment) while "Add sunlight" is ticked.

Since the added sunlight is a very distant, bright sphere light, the photons emitted for caustics are being emitted by this source so never reach their destination. That's my theory anyway. smile

On the subject of ibl and sunsky not reflecting with uber, this one is really puzzling me. Found out the only reason my simple math formula produced ibl and sunsky reflections is, because the values as fractions exceeded zero into minus figures. Your math formula is right, sorry I thought it was due to objects becoming to shiny!

As a test:
this.sunflow.parameter("glossyness", (float) 0.0); (very shiny and produces sunsky / ibl reflections)
this.sunflow.parameter("glossyness", (float) 0.00000000000000001); (still very shiny but doesn't produce sunsky / ibl reflections)

Have tried many other values and ideas.
Any > 0 never reflects.

Really wish I could figure this out! sad Uber ibl reflections are clearly visible at all logarithmic values in this image.

Hope you're having a nice week! smile

db4tech
[Sep 1, 2010, 10:18:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fhoofman

here's a sample render using gloosy option
at the right corner at the Schneider logo, I want to make a straight line of lamp, but cannot make a right choice. crying

it took me 2 hours to render it at 1400x655, but it's worth. the image produced is very good. I wonder what is the best option to choose since that "advanced render" has too many option? and I don't see any difference

@db4tech : how can you do that sink? is that depend on the obj? nerd
[Sep 3, 2010, 12:06:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Hi fhoofman,

I didn't notice your question at the bottom of your render! sad

Its connected with settings found in the .mtl file of pencilart's kitchen sink .obj model. It contains a texture and also settings, that when rendered with the Silk setting, produces the great chrome effect. smile

Hope that helps answer your question.
Sorry for the late reply!

db4tech
[Oct 6, 2010, 8:45:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
noxx

great plugin, but it is possible to add a button
"save and shutdown pc after rendering" ?
[Jun 22, 2011, 9:46:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 77   Pages: 8   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved