Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 77
Posts: 77   Pages: 8   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 205513 times and has 76 replies Next Thread
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Simulate sun position and lights/shadows

I never tried using multiple shaders per object. I'll have to test that. Thank you for the idea! smile

Just as long as you don't use Phong C1 biggrin even with Importance sampling turned on it still looks like a squashed ball compared to Uber shader.

Can't wait to test this and see the new render results!

Thanks,

db4tech
[May 20, 2010, 3:45:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Emmanuel,

Firstly thank you for the interesting link on caustics.

Now that advanced rendering plug-in version 1.2 has been thoroughly tested (oh! Also not forgetting the BasicPlusExtraLights.sh3f package of course! wink He he) will you be updating the front page so people who don't visit the forum can know about them? Many may still be using version 1.1 and not even know about 1.2.

db4tech
[May 21, 2010, 8:09:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

To db4tech and other interested testers,
Here are two temporary plug-ins that will let you test SunFlow's Uber and Phong Shader:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/plugins/AdvancedRendering-PhongShader-1.3.sh3p
http://www.sweethome3d.com/plugins/AdvancedRendering-UberShader-1.3.sh3p
These plug-ins create two new menu items in Tools menu, so you can distinguish them from each other.

To change the shininess of an object, you'll have to play with the shininess value and the specular color stored in the Ns et Ks parameters of its MTL file. If you're patient enough, try to render different existing homes in the galeries, and give us your opinion.

Please don't link these files in an other document, because I'll probably delete them once we decide which track to follow.

[Note]
2010/05/26: These two plug-ins were updated to support models at DAE/Collada format.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 26, 2010, 6:46:31 PM]
[May 21, 2010, 10:47:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Here are two temporary plug-ins that will let you test SunFlow's Uber and Phong Shader:
These plug-ins create two new menu items in Tools menu, so you can distinguish them from each other.

To change the shininess of an object, you'll have to play with the shininess value and the specular color stored in the Ns et Ks parameters of its MTL file. If you're patient enough, try to render different existing homes in the galeries, and give us your opinion.

Please don't link these files in an other document, because I'll probably delete them once we decide which track to follow.

Thank you Emmanuel already downloaded and can't wait to test them!!!!! smile

db4tech
[May 21, 2010, 10:52:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

I've still not managed to get a slightly shiny floor yet.

Here is how the same scene renders with the 3 different shaders.

For reference. Normal Advanced photo render version 1.2 (Shiny shader)

Phong shader

Uber shader

Uber shader seems to be badly affected by the room ceiling light, the problem disappears if the ceiling light is turned off (Emmanuel is this with Importance sampling turned on?) Phong shader is slightly affected by the ceiling light.

Here are my findings so far (apart from the floor) with Phong and Uber shaders all items that should be reflective are even more reflective, notice the knobs on the unit and strangely the curtains?

Apart from the obvious ceiling light issues, both Phong and Uber shaders render all lights used in a scene with a brighter intensity than Shiny shader, Phong slightly brighter and Uber very brightly, notice the window frame and chair reflecting brightly the lights illuminating the scene placed behind the virtual visitor.

Render speeds:
Shiny shader is the fastest
Phong and Uber about the same, sometimes Phong was faster, other times Uber was, it was too close to call without carrying out some accurately timed renders.

More tests to follow.
db4tech
[May 22, 2010, 2:23:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

db4tech:

Could you make your file available? I would like to do some tests on exactly the same file as you are using.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 22, 2010, 8:42:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Hans,

Yes of course, it isn't a fully designed house or room, just a quick purposely built model for this test.

db4tech
Attachment Reflection test room.sh3d (729940 bytes) (Download count: 2140)

[May 23, 2010, 4:31:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Gentlemen:

It works. I get exactly the same results.

Hans

Hans

hansdirkse.info
[May 23, 2010, 9:50:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fhoofman

confused Re: Simulate sun position and lights/shadows

mr Puybaret, i tried your http://www.sweethome3d.com/plugins/AdvancedRendering-PhongShader-1.3.sh3p

and then my render become weird. unlike normal as the picture you mention above. and the i choose "tools => create advance photo".
the render still weird.
can you help me?
[May 23, 2010, 10:58:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

fhoofman:

Can you show us the pictures of your renders?

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[May 23, 2010, 11:02:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 77   Pages: 8   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved