Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 35278 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D 3.2

Hi,

The version 3.2 of Sweet Home 3D is on its way. smile
The Beta version can be run as a Java Web Start application.

Normally, this version will bring only bug fixes and no feature that would require new words in the user interface.
At this moment, it fixes:
- a bug in how parallel joined walls are computed,
- a bug in the photo rendering of transparent models.
It brings also updated help in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese translations.

[Note from developer: Sweet Home 3D 3.2 was released on April 22, 2011]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Apr 23, 2011, 9:43:44 AM]
[Mar 13, 2011, 10:53:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.2

Hi,

I just updated the Beta version 3.2.

It fixes a regression in the management of joined walls, improves how GMT time zones are listed (see this thread), and forces 24 hour time notation for the English speaking users who don't come from the US and other countries that use AM/PM.
[Apr 2, 2011, 5:57:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The main changes of the version 3.2 Beta 3 can be tested through an other Java Web Start application I called Sweet Home 2D at this time.
You probably guessed it, it's a version where 3D capabilities aren't used, meaning no 3D view and no 3D view menu are created, no importing individual pieces of furniture, no photo and no video are possible (but you can still import SH3F files). As it doesn't rely on Java 3D and DirectX/OpenGL, it should run for all users who had problems with such features. SH3D files generated by this version are fully compatible with Sweet Home 3D.
It's only a first version and Sweet Home 3D name will still appear in many places, but I don't know yet how far I'll go in customization.
I just wait for your feedback to decide. smile

By the way, in case there's a good opportunity on this idea, I registered sweethome2d.com too to avoid domain squatting and it points to this web site at this time.
[Apr 7, 2011, 9:29:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the version 3.2 Beta 4 with a complete version of the Swedish help and improved management of transparent textured 3D models (see this thread). Now you can render the transparent stained glass of this nice Google warehouse model.

[Apr 17, 2011, 7:37:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Thanks for v3.2b4. The window works, and so does the black glass table from the thread you referred to. I checked all three variants of the table: the original DAE file, and my adapted files with PNG and GIF image in them. All three render exactly the same.

There is a small bug in the grid: it doesn't show subdivisions. I think I reported this already for an earlier beta, if I didn't report it, it's because it's so minor. Also, this could well be a Ubuntu/OpenJava bug.

EDIT
Also, inserting furniture is only possible through the menu: dragging it in the 2D plan is not possible, and CTRL-C and CTRL-V don't work.
END EDIT

Hans

Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Apr 17, 2011, 11:51:39 PM]
[Apr 17, 2011, 9:49:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alied

Argentina

Hallo Hans:
that should be a Ubuntu issue. I'm using Windows XP SP3, SH3D Version 3.2 Beta 4, Java version 1.7.0-ea, and everything works fine.
There is a small bug in the grid: it doesn't show subdivisions
Even zooming in and out up (or down) to its limits.
Also, inserting furniture is only possible through the menu: dragging it in the 2D plan is not possible, and CTRL-C and CTRL-V don't work.
Works fine to me
[Apr 18, 2011, 7:02:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hans did you try whether it works better with Sun/Oracle JDK?
[Apr 18, 2011, 8:10:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Installing Sun Java solved the problem.
It seems there's a difference between OpenJava (which works without problems) and OpenJava Webstart (which causes problems.

Thanks.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 18, 2011, 10:05:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thank you Hans for your tests. smile
Version 3.2 was released tonight.
[Apr 22, 2011, 11:14:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved