Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15472 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
my 2story building (so far)

Hello everybody,

i just want to share my actual results "abusing" sh3d as a tool for creating rather architectual than interior designs, even if its not meant to smile

the upper level is imported as an obj and placed roughly to the right spot.
also the roof is a bit clumsy.
i had to remove all the furniture due to my memory issues still tickling my powerbook crying

first, outside view from south

scnd, view from the upper gallery downwards, the sunlight coming in still appears to dark in my opinion, maybe radiosity support would solve this...

greets
macfrog
[Jan 23, 2011, 10:11:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TSUKASA

TUNISIE
Re: my 2story building (so far)

Great job!
[Jan 23, 2011, 10:18:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sampathmalaka

Sri Lanka
applause Re: my 2story building (so far)

wink Nice one! Keep it up smile
[Jan 26, 2011, 3:14:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

sampathmalaka, tsukasa,

thanx for your replies! sure i will continue to work on this project, it's far from finished or even perfect.
Greetz
macfrog
[Jan 26, 2011, 9:05:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

macfrog,

Looking again at your nice house, I see an opportunity to improve your roofs. Currently you are using the standard roof model available in red and blue: a very inefficient model because it's covered in some kind of tiles. They add a lot of detail, but aren't visible. And when you add a texture to your roof, rendering them is a nightmare.

Maybe you'd want to have a look at my latest tutorial on sloping ceilings and roofs. Chapter 3 (page 8) describes an alternative method to make roofs, that may be very well suited for your design. The resulting model is much lighter than your current roof parts, and can be easily customised with different textures on both sides,

Good luck,

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 26, 2011, 9:24:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

Hans,
i used your very helpful tips to create the required parts of the roof again (now for v4 of the design).

here's a shot from "construction site" a.k.a the project holding all parts on stock:

and here is small render of the now weatherproof upper level:

the solar panels are separate objects, of course biggrin

thanx for your advice(s)!
macfrog
[Feb 10, 2011, 9:22:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

macfrog,

Nice to see that it works so well !
Have you thought about exporting some windows and then importing them again, while rotating them 90 degrees, so that they correctly fit in the assembled roof?

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 10, 2011, 9:37:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

Hans,

yes, the rotating issue while using that method applies to the windows as well as to the textures (which i had to learn twice).
but in this case the window's correct alignment is not very important, as long i get proper light through the roof and nice morning shadows into that building biggrin

macfrog
[Feb 10, 2011, 9:44:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

macfrog: I really loved your house rendering. I especially loved the interior stair way. One of these days I want to try that too.
Hans: Very nice tutorial. I will have to try it out sometime soon!
[Mar 8, 2011, 9:03:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bobski60

Hans, you are the main man, great tutorial, shall try making that this eve (or however long it takes me lol.
[Sep 24, 2012, 12:07:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved